I thought it would be a good idea for a suggestions thread...

Anyways, I think that DCS should have a startup screen that ind of fades out, then you get taken to the desktop. Then get rid of the DCS5.0 etc that appears after exiting...
Sounds good. I can do that quite easily. In fact, DSC6 is gonna have some kind of statrup screen because it will need to establish network and hardware stuff, so I can make it:
1. turn the contrast all the way down
2. put up the logo
3. bring it up to the previous level
4. Conenct and detect
5. fade down to 0, erase
6. reset contrast setting
Sounds good. Smile

I just thought it kinda looked... bland... just goin into the desktop the way it does...
Yup yup. Lemme go make the image.
sounds good, can't wait to see it. I wonder what else could be added
Don't forget, I'll have more leeway with the app, so I might even make it grayscale... Smile

Edit:

Yay for 2 hours of painstaking hand-dithering. Razz
I like it. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Don't forget, I'll have more leeway with the app, so I might even make it grayscale... Smile

Edit:

Yay for 2 hours of painstaking hand-dithering. Razz

That's a very windows-esque *gasp* loading bar!
Well, I just put that in for looks. No guarantee it will be in the final edition. Smile
If you are going to include grayscale perhaps you could do something like when you select a folder or program (assuming you will include double click) it could darken. How about a clock in the corner for the 84+'s?
how about gs backgrounds..and multiple users?
Multiple users??? Who actually shares their calculator enough to make that important! Confused Laughing
One login: maybe
Multi: no Cool
Add support for USB drives/mice/keyboards, via silverlink and regular USB
Don't forget TICI 2.0 Smile
For BASIC progs running in DCS, wwhy don't you insert an interupt that blocks the {ON] and spits out the value 101 to a variable. This could win alot of people over I believe, and making the need for your OS manditory, MOS, you don't need it to run progs but it has features which allows you to play games/progs while archived, hidden and locked, , thats all it really does, this interupt could be useful.
You're saing he should use sleazy tactics to force people to use DCS? Interesting idea... Evil or Very Mad
that would be awesome!!! add a parser hook that intercepts getKey in BASIC calls and adds a key code for ON...or possibly add a Complex part to the result to allow for the detection of multiple keypress Very Happy

[edit]
complex as in a+bi
Why don't you work with the people who made Xlib to see if you can add more BASIC functions that work with DCS? It would make the shell even more attractive to BASIC programmers.
I still vote that DCS have its own built in language ala Basic but designed with speed in mind (eg, allow for byte and word types, rather than forcing FP were it isn't needed - doing things like this could greatly speed it up, especially since checks to make sure it is a valid result would also take a fraction of the time...)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours