I've been looking through my old programming books and found an old gem from when I was first learning C called The C Puzzle Book. I highly recommend this book as it really challenges you on the basics of the language, and should you be unable to solve a puzzle, more than half of the book is dedicated to line-by-line analysis of all of the puzzles contained within.

Here's a sample puzzle from the book that I'm sure some of you budding C programmers will have fun with: http://www.eng.auburn.edu/cse/classes/cse350/carlisle/cse350/O11/swamp.html

Also, feel free to post more interesting C puzzles you come up with.
Stuff like this is what I both love and hate about C. Neat find, maybe I'll check it out.
That is cool Very Happy I tried that puzzle, and the one located in the same directory as the sample on you gave ( http://www.eng.auburn.edu/cse/classes/cse350/carlisle/cse350/O11/ifexam.html ). Granted, I got them both wrong (parts were right, but parts were also wrong). I had to get Tari to explain what the continue's and break's did in a switch() statement. I'd love to try more puzzles if anyone posts them Smile
I think I have answers to the questions that Ultimate Dev'r and _player posted, but I would like to double-check. Where did you guys find the answers?
KermMartian wrote:
I think I have answers to the questions that Ultimate Dev'r and _player posted, but I would like to double-check. Where did you guys find the answers?

The answer to the switch puzzle is
SWITCH SWAMP

The answer to the "if" puzzle is
x = 5
x = 5
x = 1
x = 7 z = 0
x = 3 z = 0
x = 3 z = 1
KermMartian wrote:

Uh, copy/paste the code into a file, compile it, and run it. Instant answer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours