You know what would be cool? if the ticalc.org archives had links for all the programs to be opened in SC2, so that you wouldn't have to download the zip to see the programs source. Just click it in the archives, and view it in SC2 (kind of like the ability to view the .txt's without downloading/opening the zip)
Ohhhh, that would be awesome! I'm definitely gonna send them an email to that effect when SC2 gets further along...
I agree, that would be so cool, but I doubt they would do it. They don't seem all that receptive to ideas these days... Good Idea
'Tis unfortunate, to be sure.
I was actually thinking of writing a Firefox extension for that... any .8xp file, really.

Kerm, we gotta add .zip and .rar to .8xp capabilities! Smile
Brazucs wrote:
I was actually thinking of writing a Firefox extension for that... any .8xp file, really.

Kerm, we gotta add .zip and .rar to .8xp capabilities! Smile

you'd still have to "download" it then

i was more thinking of ticalc having it open straight from their servers in SC2
That might be difficult. You'd have to have ticalc send it to SC2 every time someone views th progsource. That would become too complex and slow on ticalc, detracting form the usefulness.
same thing is done with readme's and included pics
I could easily just give them a url to method='POST' to and have SC generate prog data, eh Brazucs?
That would work, but imagine 50 people SCing at once.
I can't imagine tht being a huge problem, I've only been using like 16% of my 30gb monthly bandwidth lately... Smile
yeah, and people like us use most of it. If ticalc were to use it, I would hope they could get a copy for their servers.
That would be the most efficient way to do it that I can think of.
...or just port SC2 to PHP...
It's written in PHP...
Uhh, http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php
I wonder what lang that is written in... Very Happy Just Joking
KermMartian wrote:
I can't imagine tht being a huge problem, I've only been using like 16% of my 30gb monthly bandwidth lately... Smile

php will use your CPU too, so it could lag do to the CPU usage, not just bandwidth usage Wink
But how much of a dual xeon can executing a php prog take?!
can't be too much, being on my 1.2ghz Atholon, running a phpbb forum doesn't lag it really.
KermMartian wrote:
But how much of a dual xeon can executing a php prog take?!

you're on shared hosting tho, so you only get part of that Wink - so it really depends on how many people are sharing that rig....

Quote:
can't be too much, being on my 1.2ghz Atholon, running a phpbb forum doesn't lag it really.

Thats because thats only 1 request at a time, not 50+ Rolling Eyes (each time a page is viewed, the php script has to be (re)executed)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours