christop wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I've confirmed that the cable is indeed a crossover cable. Sad I'll post Cemetech news about this later.

That only tells me that the link port has an RX line and an TX line, that the signals are most likely self-clocking, and that the port might support full-duplex communication.
Correct.

Quote:
The TI-9x series has link hardware that handles the TI linking protocol, but it also has a mode that gives programs direct access to the signal levels. Don't you think it's possible that the Casio has similar hardware for its link port? Of course, the real challenge is figuring out how to access the functionality, if it exists.
Unlikely. From what we've found out about the hardware that drives the serial port, it seems likely that it's true serial, and while we might be able to eventually access the individual lines, it's very unlikely that either line is bidirectional.
There is still the audio hardware implemented on the SH4A but it is complex to use and I'm not even sure if it exists on the Prizm yet. I still need to find some time to test it.
z80man wrote:
There is still the audio hardware implemented on the SH4A but it is complex to use and I'm not even sure if it exists on the Prizm yet. I still need to find some time to test it.
Please feel free to update the "On the Casio Prizm and Link Port Hacks" topic if you discover anything interesting!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours