Does anyone know of any tutorials on Casio Basic? I looked and didn't find any.
Thanks
calcman wrote:
Thanks
There aren't too many of them. You can start with Casio fx9860 BASIC, which is almost everything that Prizm BASIC has minus colors, but you're better off just starting with what you know about TI-BASIC. A lot of things are going to be hard to find at first, though, because they're buried in menus with a very different structure from the TI calculators' menus/
Are there any for Casio C? I want to learn these more powerful languages.
calcman wrote:
There's nothing too different between C for the Prizm and C for any other platform other than a few system calls that you'll need to learn. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
calcman wrote:
There's nothing too different between C for the Prizm and C for any other platform other than a few system calls that you'll need to learn. Smile

And a bit of confusion setting things up and getting stuff to compile that you normally don't have to (manually) worry about with non-Prizm C, but other people can help guide you through the process in no time Wink
Actually, there's almost no more confusion left: just download the GCC-based PrizmSDK toolkit, run "make", and voila.
Where can I find that handy tool?
calcman wrote:
Thanks

Check the Prizm wiki. I've posted some documentation there and I also have an incomplete one written for transitioning TI-BASIC coders if you'd like the first chapter.
calcman wrote:
Where can I find that handy tool?
You can grab the PrizmSDK from this post:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150113#150113
Qwerty.55 that sounds good, where is that at?

Edit: Kerm on that link you gave me to the forum, which link on that page is the right one? Confused
Here's the Prizmwiki page:

http://wiki.prizmwiki.co.cc/wiki/Casio_BASIC

Here's the first page of my tutorial for download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6z843ddw88uzqo1
Thanks, that will get me going.

Edit:
when I try to open that download from qwert.55, it won't open it keeps on routing me to an, open or save screen, and when I open it loads internet explorer and then starts over. Question Question
Bump:
Now with my prizm in my hand I will began to question all of you nonstop...J.K.,but I will began to learn and develop yet another programming language, yay!
calcman wrote:
Thanks, that will get me going.

Edit:
when I try to open that download from qwert.55, it won't open it keeps on routing me to an, open or save screen, and when I open it loads internet explorer and then starts over. Question Question

That's odd. When I click on the link, it brings me to a download page with "Click here to download from mediafire." What browser are you using?
Calcman, that's great to hear; best of luck beginning Prizm programming! Are you starting with some C, some BASIC, or both?
Depends, which do you think would be best? C first or the basic?
BASIC would probably be best. It's at least documented.
How do I download from the computer to the prizm?
Hook the provided USB cable into the USB slot on your computer and the slot on your Prizm. A window should pop up asking if you want to open the drive. Click yes (or go to Computer and select the Prizm from there) and you can import add-ins there.
You also have to choose F1 (for USB Mass Storage Device) on the calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours