These two games are my first fun games I have made in axe.
I am currently working on 2 games, quite similar to each other.
Both are made in Axe, my new favorite language (at the moment).
One is called dodge (somewhat cliche) and I don't know how to get a screenshot/screenie , so ask for help. Also if anyone can think of a better name for a dodging the obstacles in a spaceship game, please give suggestions. Dodge is at v0.0.6 and has grayscale 3 lvl, and I will post the code if anyone wants to see it, so they can help me with optimizing.
Here is what I still have to do:
:Flicker-less grayscale
:highscore (appvar)
:optimizing.
:screenie
My other game I just started is another Helicopter game, if I get a screenie you can see. It is almost complete but here is what I still need to do:
: Grayscale (without flickering)
: Highscore (appvar)
:hit detection (so far can only hit the top or bottom spikes)
:optimizing
:menu
:screenie
Thanks for any help.
I will post source if anyone is interested.
Thanks
Can someone help me getting a screenie? I know it has something to do with wabbitemu but that is it.
Thanks
You can get a screenshot by downloading WabbitEmu, loading a ROM image from your calculator, and press the backspace key to start recording.
It's usually called *three-level grayscale, not grayscale three level. What Souvik said about screenshots. I think you'll eventually find that even though Axe makes making games very easy, they get relatively repetitive and samey over time, and that in the long run ASM offers more power. That's my own personal biased opinion, though, and I look forward to screenshots of your projects.
Thanks will do that. (or die trying).
Bump:

I am working on my biggest game I have ever done.
It is called Inverse, it is an axe game.
I am making it for the competition on Omnimaga.
It is a puzzle game and will be very awesome, I should be (need) done by July 15.
I will get a screenie of this and other games I am making.
So far I have the grayscale title screen and menu, flicker less, and am starting to make the main game.
Sounds great! Does that mean you're abandoning your other two programs for now? Did you screenshot them? If they're complete or nearly so, I'd strongly recommend you go ahead and finish them and upload them here with their screenshots. A general note on forum etiquette: no need to hit [Enter] after every sentence that you type.
No I am continuing both of those, and will get a screenshot of these when I get home. I am working on Inverse for the Omnimaga competition as stated above. (found at omnimaga.org)
calcman wrote:
No I am continuing both of those, and will get a screenshot of these when I get home. I am working on Inverse for the Omnimaga competition as stated above.
Yes, the link is entirely unnecessary. Rolling Eyes Great, I look forward to the screenshots; feel free to post if you're having difficulties.
Once I have the emulator up, how do I run a program?
Drag and drop a program into the screen of the emulated calc to load it, then run it as you would with a real calculator.
The only program that comes up is that Rom8x program that creates the appvars. What now?
calcman wrote:
The only program that comes up is that Rom8x program that creates the appvars. What now?

Try restarting the emulator.
I did that it still doesn't work. Sad Should I re download wabbitemu?
Are you sure you're dragging the .8xp file into the emulator?
I am positive, straight from my calculator onto the computer.
Hmm, which version of WabbitEmu are you using? The older versions were buggy, iirc.
It worked (weird) !!!

Now how do I get a screenshot in a post?
Upload the image to a image hosting website, and use the [img] tag to get it in your post.
Any websites in mind?
http://img.removedfromgame.com works well for uploading pictures, imo.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours