How do u use the FileOpen, Save, and Save As routines in an AP viewer program? I tried looking through DocDE7 and didn't see them used in a discernable fashion. Are there any conventions for using them?

And, when using FileOpen, what is the difference between the de size word and the bc size word.
According to this, the difference between the DE and BC size words is that the BC size word is the size of the data section only, and the DE size word is 8 bytes larger than the BC size word because of the AP header.

For more information regarding AP files, check here.
Didn't you already have a thread about this sort of thing? Both Elfprince and I replied to it, but I don't get why you would use another thread to ask a question in. Either way, Souvik gave a good answer, and I don't really have much to add.
_player1537 wrote:
Didn't you already have a thread about this sort of thing? Both Elfprince and I replied to it, but I don't get why you would use another thread to ask a question in. Either way, Souvik gave a good answer, and I don't really have much to add.

I don't remember making another thread with this question. If I did, I don't remember....Thanks. I'll work with that.
ACagliano wrote:
How do u use the FileOpen, Save, and Save As routines in an AP viewer program? I tried looking through DocDE7 and didn't see them used in a discernable fashion. Are there any conventions for using them?

And, when using FileOpen, what is the difference between the de size word and the bc size word.
FileOpen and FileSaveAs are both used in Document DE 7, although they're wrapped in a bunch of tricks to play with the VAT and keep everything in the proper order. Let me know if you still have confusions about these after playing around with them.
KermMartian wrote:
ACagliano wrote:

FileOpen and FileSaveAs are both used in Document DE 7, although they're wrapped in a bunch of tricks to play with the VAT and keep everything in the proper order. Let me know if you still have confusions about these after playing around with them.

The only thing I have confusion with is, with the size words that are returned in de and bc. If the file changes in size, do I update one, or both of those size words. Also, where does the actual data start, in relation to both size words...other than that, I don't think I have an issue.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours