with satellites!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43164447/ns/technology_and_science-science

It's about time they got around to using the satellite tech for something good. I can't wait to see what all they find in some of these places. Very Happy
I've actually heard of a lot of cool things that satellites are doing, like finding all kinds of ruins and looking for valuable mineral deposits, unless my memory is unusually faulty. I'll have to remember where I saw that...
That's great Science, now cure cancer...
Just a reminder. I think we had a moderator discussion about these kind of posts.

Relatedly, this is really neat!
DShiznit: http://wemustknow.net/2011/05/scientists-cure-cancer-but-no-one-takes-notice/

I thought there was a topic, but I can't find it.
That article is a poor interpretation of the results, from what I can tell, comicIDIOT. Regarding the topic you're looking for, it was BrandonW's Navy Seals logo flub topic, and here's your post:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150735#150735
Kerm, I was addressing DShiznit about whether or not we had a topic for the link I provided.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Just a reminder. I think we had a moderator discussion about these kind of posts.

Relatedly, this is really neat!
DShiznit: http://wemustknow.net/2011/05/scientists-cure-cancer-but-no-one-takes-notice/

I thought there was a topic, but I can't find it.

So rampant unregulated capitalism kills again...

EDIT- to get back on topic, have they found anything else of interest with these infra-red satellites? Could they use this technology to scour the ocean for shipwrecks(and possibly a lost city or two)?
Unfortunately, according to my former Astronomy teacher, infrared can't penetrate water. I tried taking a infrared photo through a water bottle and was successful. So, he must either be referring to true infrared (and not near infrared, like I photograph in) or another wavelength.
comicIDIOT wrote:

You should take such stories with a pinch of salt, especially from sites that have tagged categories such as 9/11, abductions, chemtrails, New World Order and reptilians. See: Cancer drug resurfaces and threatens false optimism.
I was talking about this with an older friend of my mom's this morning, and she mentioned how a friend of her's, a Jewish doctor educated in Nazi Germany, actually found a cure for Parkinson's disease in 1938. Noone would produce it, because it would have put "too many people out of business".
Yes, this is a known problem, that the corporations have too much of a hold. We travel 50 miles to see an herbalist rather than the 5 miles to see a dr. There isn't a disease on this planet that can't be cured by something natural to this planet.
tifreak8x wrote:
Yes, this is a known problem, that the corporations have too much of a hold. We travel 50 miles to see an herbalist rather than the 5 miles to see a dr. There isn't a disease on this planet that can't be cured by something natural to this planet.

Now you're going in a completely different(and wrong) direction. Herbal medicine is no substitute for actual medicine. The problem is development of cures, rather than treatments, is hampered by the purely capitalistic need to reach a bottom line, rather than the basic human drive to actually help other people.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours