swivelgames wrote:
Re:Xeda @TsukasaZX This is true. Keep your head up, you'll find someone. Usually it's in the place you least expect it to be, too! I'm sure you'll be a great father when your time comes around. Smile

I'm not going to derail this thread anymore, but no. I won't. I already ranted about it and I'm not ranting about it again. Just leave it at that. If you want to read the whole thing, ask for it in #unss or #Sakana or in IRC query.

Anyway, may the rest of your life be blessed with a bundle of joy that doesn't drive you insane 24-7 Razz
Haha, oh but it will! That's part of the joy of it... Laughing

Extending from my previous post, it would be an interesting road trip to rent a bus in, like, New York and go and pick everyone up along the way to Texas for the wedding, then fly everyone out. Quite a dream indeed, and highly unlikely... but still an epic idea! Very Happy
Aww, I like those names! (Especially the April one, but that is just me Very Happy)
Agreed! I really like April Loraine. Out of the boys, I really like Christopher Daniel Dalrymple Very Happy
I guess I'm one here to not give any advice on the topic, I'm well ways off from this point in life ^-^

I guess I haven't really gotten the time to know you much yet, but from what I can tell from your decent patience and kindness you would be a great father Wink some people are just meant to be dads, I think you're one of them.

Good luck! And I hope you come up with a great final name! From what I can tell, you both like 'Dalrymple' Very Happy

EDIT: oh wait that's the last name >.> <.< but all those names sound awesome! (to tell the truth, Dalrymple only really works as a last name)
Ashbad, I agree! Doesn't really work as a first or middle name Very Happy hahah.

And thank you, Ashbad! That means a lot to me. I can't wait to be a father. I've prided myself on my patience and kindness, and I think that goes a long way. So thanks again for your words of encouragement. It means a lot to hear that! Smile
Swivel, I insist. Name your child Rick Astley Dalrymple Very Happy Razz
swivelgames wrote:
Ashbad, I agree! Doesn't really work as a first or middle name Very Happy hahah.

And thank you, Ashbad! That means a lot to me. I can't wait to be a father. I've prided myself on my patience and kindness, and I think that goes a long way. So thanks again for your words of encouragement. It means a lot to hear that! Smile

You're very welcome! I mean all of it Wink
You'll change you're tune when you get stuck changing diapers and cleaning barf. Good luck, you're going to need it.
Aren't you a little young? Are you even 20 yet?
DShiznit, I already have quite a bit of experience. Two younger siblings that are young enough that I took care of them, as well as a niece and a nephew I've contributed quite a bit to... Baby sitting infants and toddlers as well. But as they say, no matter how "ready" you are, you're never really ready. Thanks for the concern, but I'm definitely excited about it and looking forward to the hard, sad, and tough times, as well as the happy, fun, and exciting ones. It's a new chapter of my life I'm thoroughly looking forward to! Smile

allynfolksjr wrote:
Aren't you a little young? Are you even 20 yet?
A little young?! I'm 13! Smile
That's just a little young. If it were up to me, I wouldn't allow individuals to have children while in their 20s as I don't think we have the life experience required or financially capable of raising children until the parents are at least 30 at the time of birth.
I can't very much disagree with you. However, regardless of age, it'll grow you up in a heartbeat. I'm not opposed to having kids in your 20s. What in life could you experience that will prepare you for parenthood? Not much besides parenthood, am I right? But, I do agree the majority of the population nowadays might not have the maturity (much less financial capabilities) to handle parenthood even in their 20s (we've kind of recessed in terms of maturity, imho). So, I am definitely understanding of your position.
That's not actually terminally horrible for a flight, oddly enough. I wonder why it's so much more expensive to get to Texas than back to New York, how strange. I hope we'll get to see sonograms and all that jazz! Smile
Wow, congratulations! I'd love to come out for the wedding if at all possible, it would make for a nice first trip out into the world.
Hey, that's awesome, man! Congrats
swivelgames wrote:
Last week my girlfriend, Megan, and I found out that we are pregnant. This is something we've wanted for quite some time now, but we just recently decided that now was a good time to start trying. We were lucky enough that she conceived the day of our first attempt.

This is something her and I are incredibly excited about, and we can't wait to build and grow our new family.

Currently, we don't know whether it's a boy or girl, but we know she's approx 5-6 weeks pregnant and the baby's due date is on December 30th of this year. We can't wait! Very Happy

Congratulations Swivel! This makes you at least the second father-to-be in the TI community (I'm pretty sure AlienCC's wife is due in the next couple months)!

nikky: That depends enormously on the parents. mid-20s is not at all unusual or disruptive though.
Thanks SirCmpwn, foamy, elfy for the congrats! Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:
This makes you at least the second father-to-be in the TI community (I'm pretty sure AlienCC's wife is due in the next couple months)!
And this makes you an uncle Laughing

elfprince13 wrote:
nikky: That depends enormously on the parents. mid-20s is not at all unusual or disruptive though.
Good Idea

KermMartian wrote:
That's not actually terminally horrible for a flight, oddly enough. I wonder why it's so much more expensive to get to Texas than back to New York, how strange. I hope we'll get to see sonograms and all that jazz! Smile
Maybe the dates? They do that sometimes. Along with the times as well. You'll get a randomly low price for some odd date/time combo. Razz

We'll probably pick a date that's far enough in the future to give most people time enough to plan for it Smile

[edit] Also, I will most definitely post sonograms as soon as we get them! Very Happy
Good point, I forgot about AlienCC. Smile Also, funnily enough, my adviser went into labor early this morning!
There was a member on the old TIFW board that had a baby. He was an avid 68k programmer if I recall.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours