I hope that Walnut is making some progress, since Doors (CPX? CZ?) has had no time whatsoever to advance. JosJuice, thanks again for this guide; it has come in handy for my many times.
Progress is steady but slow. There is still a lot more to do and to be learned about PrizmOS and the hardware before walnut can become a reality. Shell routines have made the most progress so far while the FAT16 directory parser still needs to be done.
Another bump on this thread, both once again thanking JosJuice for the excellent template, for an upcoming project I hope to work on with TIFreak8x, and also poking z80man about how Walnut is going.
*super necro-bump*

So the other day, I was messing around with figuring out icons for OS 3.10/3.11, and this is what I came up with:

Unselected:

Selected:

I made some templates and instructions here.

And this'll give you an idea of what it looks like in practice:

Note: I did not build Prizoop, I just thought it'd be an easy example.

Not sure how many people still program for the Prizm, but I figured it could be useful for someone.
I made 2 small Perl scripts which can be used to extract and insert the icons of .g3a files in case anyone ist interested, I can upload them to github.

I used them to extract the icons for Tetris, Minesweeper2, Snake and 2048, the only games my son has on his CG20, and enhance them a bit to get proper backgrounds.
Spenceboy98 wrote:

Not sure how many people still program for the Prizm, but I figured it could be useful for someone.
Thanks for sharing! That looks quite nice.

Skeeve wrote:
I made 2 small Perl scripts which can be used to extract and insert the icons of .g3a files in case anyone ist interested, I can upload them to github.

I used them to extract the icons for Tetris, Minesweeper2, Snake and 2048, the only games my son has on his CG20, and enhance them a bit to get proper backgrounds.
You could have asked me for the icon file for Tetris! Very Happy But you should certainly both upload the scripts to Github and link them in this topic.
KermMartian wrote:
You could have asked me for the icon file for Tetris!

Did you change it to match the new look? It did it just a few minutes ago. The other 3 files are yet to be done.

Will polish up the scripts a bit and link them when uploaded.
Hi!

I uploaded the scripts not to Github but to EduGit https://edugit.org/skeeve/PRIZM-Pix

As the Casio is (one of) the calculators used at school in Germany I thought it's most appropriate to use a git hoster which encourages children to participate in Open Source.

You can access the files without registring at EduGit and you can even participate in EduGit with your existing GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket account.

See the readme file for more arguments for using a truly free git hoster.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
*super necro-bump*

So the other day, I was messing around with figuring out icons for OS 3.10/3.11, and this is what I came up with:

And I took it and made it an XCF file, suitable for Gimp. With that you can easily create a layer for the icon and put the selected or unselected Layer below it to export the 2 icons in any required format.

Ive described it a bit at https://edugit.org/skeeve/PRIZM-Pix/blob/master/README.asc where you can also download the XCF file itself.

So thank you, @Spenceboy98!
Spenceboy98 wrote:
*super necro-bump*

Unselected:

Selected:

I made some templates and instructions here.

And this'll give you an idea of what it looks like in practice:

Note: I did not build Prizoop, I just thought it'd be an easy example.

I've not programmed with any calculators in the past except for simple text, how do I change the icon? I already have it created.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours