So why does River have to go to jail for not killing the Doctor?
Because in the eyes of the universe/time, she has. But note, that she's not in jail in the very first episode she's introduced in. So I have a feeling that whatever time period the mini time police are from, they release her.
tifreak8x wrote:
Because in the eyes of the universe/time, she has. But note, that she's not in jail in the very first episode she's introduced in. So I have a feeling that whatever time period the mini time police are from, they release her.

In the first episode we see her, she dies, she's at the very end of her version of the story and the Doctor is at the very start.
TC01 wrote:
The series 6 finale reminded me a lot of the series 5 finale... with the Doctor seemingly accepting and coming to terms with his death, and then reappearing in the last five minutes. I did like it overall, though there are still lots of loose ends that are going to need to be tied up in another future story arc...

The thing I didn't like was that it didn't feel like a finale. It just sort of tailed off at the end without any sort of closure.

Quote:
As for the Question... does "silence will fall" mean that the organization will be destroyed (as implied by the Doctor's conversation with Dorium), or that something terrible will happen to the entire universe?

Note that this event is also associated with "The Fall of the Eleventh", which suggests Moffat et al. have some sort of arc planned out up until the next regeneration.

tifreak8x wrote:
We have the question that can never be answered.

Wasn't the question fairly obvious all along? I'm wondering if Moffat is going to be drawing at all from the Cartmel Masterplan in terms of us finding out more about the Doctor's identity.

Quote:
Who was controlling the TARDIS when River was flying it?

And why did it explode?

KermMartian wrote:
The word is "Tesselector", combination of Tesseract and Selector.

Tesseract, or Tesselate? The latter seems to make more sense in light of its chosen method of shape-shifting.

Quote:
If the Doctor didn't tell River his name then, why does she know his name in Silence in the Library? (I still REALLLLYYYY want them to make that have been _Silence_ in the Library).

I think he told her both - "The Doctor lies, and so do I"

Quote:
I loved the SPQR roman emperor Churchill mashup timeline; that looked like it would have been a ton of fun to play with further.

Agreed.

[edit]

On our earlier fears of Torchwood and Who undergoing a continuity split, it seems that one of the writers from TW seasons 3/4 will be on board as a DW writer for series 7.
WAIT.

If the Doctor was inside the Tesselector and was unharmed, how did the regeneration energy come out of the Tesselector?
Hollographics, most likely.
tifreak8x wrote:
Holographics, most likely.

Mmm. That's some sketchysauce, sir.
Raylin wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Holographics, most likely.

Mmm. That's some sketchysauce, sir.

You are talking about a group of people that can miniaturize themselves and keep themselves that way in an android body that can shape-shift at will. Do you not think they can't do a bit of impressive holography while they are at it?
Wouldn't the TARDIS know but?
I think that episode could have ended just three minutes earlier, would have helped sell Season 7, though the introduction of a new season is a tell-tale that he survived. People would just want to know "how." And... that was answered.

On note, the way the Doctor survived was rather clever.
TC01 wrote:
The wiki claims it's Teselecta, so I went off of that.

I'd forgotten about the thing that took over the TARDIS. I suppose it could have been some of the Silence- they have their own timeships as seen in The Lodger and in Day of the Moon that are pretty similar to TARDISes, and I suppose some of them could have sneaked into the TARDIS while the Doctor and River and Amy were off running around Stonehenge.
I stand completely corrected; I too saw that it was Teselecta after I made my post. And elfprince, I don't know where my head went when I made that post, I definitely meant tesselate. Smile Re: Silence in the TARDIS: if they can't remember them, the TARDIS could be infested with Silence, and they'd never know.
*bump* Very, very, very yes. Also, happy birthday, Matt Smith.

This video must be watched

So awesome and excellent. One NSFW line, but nothing that's not on prime-time TV, probably, so I don't think we need to worry. Smile I miss Tennant as the Doctor quite a bit still.
I want to stop watching, it's so repetitive, but I can't. It's hilarious to watch.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I want to stop watching, it's so repetitive, but I can't. It's hilarious to watch.
It's only repetitive if you watch it over and over. Very Happy
No! It's constant "Let's do it!" and "I can't do it!" Sure, it changes slightly each verse but it still got repetitive :/
but he can do it and he did it.
lol, both vids were completely awesome Very Happy

And I'd still love to see a crossover of sorts with Tennant and Smith in the same episode. Sad
David Tennant is my absolute favorite doctor, took a long time for me to except matt smith... so any episode with tennant in it again, would be amazing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 18 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours