I think it would be better to have a discussion specifically for those that have watched the episodes and can discuss it freely, and if anyone clicks on the above link, they can't complain they didn't see the warning. :p

Alright, so in the new episode, we see the 1100 year old Dr get shot 3 times and killed by the astronaut suit. We later find out that the occupant of the astronaut suit is a little girl, but we never see if it is the same person that shoots the Dr. Do you think it is still the little girl, or will it be a woman? Or maybe something else entirely?

We also meet these very alien creatures that inhabit tunnels underground that apparently are very old. They also become forgotten as soon as you take your eyes from them. My guess is they either ARE The Silence that was dealt with in the last season, or are in control of it.

So, discuss. :p
I think it's significant that you can't remember the aliens when you're not looking at them, and that you can't remember anyone who was touched by the cracks in the universe. Don't forget that we never figured out how the cracks appeared in the first place, or more specifically, why the TARDIS exploded. We don't even know if the creature in the suit at the lake was the same as the little girl in the suit anyway. It seems likely she can oncom (cf. the 9th Doctor episode in World War II London with the boy who could oncom, remember that?). Did the Doctor really die after his Eleventh incarnation? I saw a Wikipedia quote that said he can live for 500 regenerations, not 13; does anyone know where they got that from?
Who is Doctor Who? Who Who Who...
KermMartian wrote:
I think it's significant that you can't remember the aliens when you're not looking at them, and that you can't remember anyone who was touched by the cracks in the universe. Don't forget that we never figured out how the cracks appeared in the first place, or more specifically, why the TARDIS exploded. We don't even know if the creature in the suit at the lake was the same as the little girl in the suit anyway. It seems likely she can oncom (cf. the 9th Doctor episode in World War II London with the boy who could oncom, remember that?). Did the Doctor really die after his Eleventh incarnation? I saw a Wikipedia quote that said he can live for 500 regenerations, not 13; does anyone know where they got that from?

That quote is from the SJA episode Death of the Doctor, but to quote that wiki:

"The Doctor says he can regenerate 507 times and change to any colour of skin. When the three digits are added together the sum is 12. Later statements by Russell T Davies suggest this was likely a joke, however."
And now, it's time for something completely different!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98rtEm7sUsU

Please return now, to your scheduled programming.
KermMartian wrote:

That one alien was able to obliterate the woman in the restroom, Joy, by using lightning of sorts. And if you look at the cracks in the last season, they look like lightning.
KermMartian wrote:

om-com (for omni-com, presumably) Also, as far as we know, the regeneration limit is imposed by the Time Lord government rather than a fact of Time Lord biology.
calcman wrote:
Who is Doctor Who? Who Who Who...
You could take a look at the Wikipedia page about Doctor Who, or the short version:

Quote:
I've seen him. He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He is Ancient and Forever, he burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe; and... he's wonderful.

Bsparks/CDI: Merth has one of those little pen synthesizer keyboards!

Elfprince: Omcomm then, perhaps? But what do you think about my point; could there be any connection?

TIFreak8x: It looked like the alien was taking the electricity out of the lights to kill Joy (hehe, pun), rather than generating it him/itself.

TC01: Thanks very much for that, it does indeed sound non-canonical.

Why do the aliens wear suits and ties??
Quote:
Elfprince: Omcomm then, perhaps? But what do you think about my point; could there be any connection?

Well, in that instance, Omcomm was specifically attributed to the Chula technology, and they are extinct, but we've seen similar technology appear elsewhere (Atraxi, for instance), so I doubt it's related.
elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:

Well, in that instance, Omcomm was specifically attributed to the Chula technology, and they are extinct, but we've seen similar technology appear elsewhere (Atraxi, for instance), so I doubt it's related.
That's a good point. I think that we can safely assume that the little girl is an alien of some sort though, no?
Well we have yet to see if she is one, or is being manipulated by them, or something of that sort.
Some sort of surgery had to of taken place, given the slanted table and alien "tentacles" around it. I think it's her body, and little left of her conscious.

As to why she's taller than she should be and in an space suit, I don't quite know.
KermMartian wrote:
TIFreak8x: It looked like the alien was taking the electricity out of the lights to kill Joy (hehe, pun), rather than generating it him/itself.

However, the alien in the tunnel that went to 'attack' Rory was seemingly pulling it out of no where. There was no power in the tunnel since they had to use flash lights to see anything down there.
tifreak8x, to play Devil's Advocate, what about the alien cables all over the tunnels? They could contain electricity that the aliens used. Wink

ComicIDIOT: Excellent point about why she's so tall; I totally forgot about that. Another thing that just occurred to me. The Doctor seems to know he is going to (die?) when he gets shot. How can he know? I thought him knowing would cause the universe to implode or some such nonsense.
*bump* Some thoughts!

:: Father Octavian said that River had killed a man, and she confirmed that it was "a good man... a very good man". Is it her in the suit? Is that young River? Octavian said he was something he could never understand, not to trust her.

:: Prisoner Zero taunted "the Doctor and the TARDIS doesn't know, doesn't know..."; the Angels said, "the Doctor and the TARDIS hasn't noticed...". Why do these aliens keep referring to them as a pair? Is that significant?
Well, if I recall correctly, every time the Doctor regenerates, the inside of the TARDIS changes; at least not what we see but the rooms. At the start of S5, Smith states "there might be a pool in the library" (?)
comicIDIOT wrote:
Well, if I recall correctly, every time the Doctor regenerates, the inside of the TARDIS changes; at least not what we see but the rooms. At the start of S5, Smith states "there might be a pool in the library" (?)
Not always, only when the 10th become the 11th. When Eccleston became Tennant, the TARDIS and the screwdriver stayed the same.
Correct. 11 only needed a new screwdriver because he melted the previous.
elfprince13 wrote:
Correct. 11 only needed a new screwdriver because he melted the previous.
Indeed, and the TARDIS helpfully generated one for him. Did they cover the mechanics of when the inside of the TARDIS could change before in the series?
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x, to play Devil's Advocate, what about the alien cables all over the tunnels? They could contain electricity that the aliens used. Wink

ComicIDIOT: Excellent point about why she's so tall; I totally forgot about that. Another thing that just occurred to me. The Doctor seems to know he is going to (die?) when he gets shot. How can he know? I thought him knowing would cause the universe to implode or some such nonsense.

Not really, it would only do so if he kept himself from dying. At least, that's what I am guessing.

Quote:
:: Father Octavian said that River had killed a man, and she confirmed that it was "a good man... a very good man". Is it her in the suit? Is that young River? Octavian said he was something he could never understand, not to trust her.

Hey now, I made that assessment after I watched the episode :p

As to the TARDIS and the Dr being tied.. Yes, I think they are. When the Dr regenerated the last time, the TARDIS was in horrible shape. If you notice while he is adjusting to his new body, the TARDIS is rebuilding itself, and at the end of that episode, he moves around perfectly and has himself mostly figured out again, and the TARDIS is available for him to enter. Just a thought.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours