Posting on behalf of IceWorks, who asked in SAX and didn't get a direct answer to the original question there. Either way, it might be a useful feature request; I'm not an ICE developer myself, so I'm not one to judge, but I am one to stimulate discussion.

SAX wrote:
[IceWorks] can you use sourcecoder to output images as appvars for Ice
[IceWorks] I'm on a mac so its annoying to use convimg
[Adriweb] @IceWorks convimg works perfectly fine on windows, linux, and macOS, so what's the problem?
That would actually be a really useful feature! Kerm, take note Razz
Why can't people just use it locally? It works on all the major OSes. Saying "I'm on mac - means they don't have admin access to run anything".
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Why can't people just use it locally? It works on all the major OSes. Saying "I'm on mac - means they don't have admin access to run anything".

Speaking within the scope of SourceCoder, there's a lot of users who are at school on school computers and are pretty much confined to Internet browsers and file manipulation.
CVSoft wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Speaking within the scope of SourceCoder, there's a lot of users who are at school on school computers and are pretty much confined to Internet browsers and file manipulation.

Then use the TI-Planet project builder.
Well i was just wondering because I cant figure out how to use convimg. When ever I use it I get this.

Code:

Last login: Thu Mar 24 17:30:34 on ttys000
/Users/katiepennings/Desktop/charlie/resized\ arenas/convimg ; exit;
Katies-iMac:~ katiepennings$ /Users/katiepennings/Desktop/charlie/resized\ arenas/convimg ; exit;
[info] Reading file 'convimg.yaml'
[error] Problem description: mapping values are not allowed in this context
[error] Problem is probably around line 2.
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed][]

Also sorry for the vague question. I meant It's harder on a mac than say a windows
Why are you putting "exit" after running a command??? Additionally, convimg is telling you your YAML file is improperly formatted - around line 2. You'll have that issue if you ran it on windows, linux, SC3, or literally any other OS. We cannot provide more information without the YAML file.
hey i just double clicked the convimg file. Its my first time using this.
Open a terminal, and then use the "cd" command to navigate to the location of the convimg application. Then use the command below:

Code:
./convimg

Any convimg.yaml file in the same directory will be converted. As a side note, double clicking on the application also works on mac as you have noticed - but your YAML is misformatted so it won't convert anything.
now getting error

Code:

dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
  Referenced from: /Users/katiepennings/Desktop/Programs/projects/clashce/resized arenas/convimg (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Abort trap: 6

no clue what this means
You literally just ran it successfully before. What the heck did you change. Just double click it again!

Your convimg.yaml file is *incorrect* - that is literally your only issue.

Also that specific error is because your mac is out of date.
This is my yaml file

Code:

palettes:
  - name: mypalettes
      - Training.png
      - goblin.png
      - barb.png
      - bone.png
converts:
  - name: CLASHARE
    palette: xlibc
      - Training.png
      - goblin.png
      - barb.png
      - bone.png
outputs:
  - type: appvar
    palettes:
      - xlibc
    name: CLASHARE
    source-format: ice
    archived: true
    converts:
      - CLASHARE

line 2 is still wrong and i tried different things I saw on forums
Can you please upload the file rather than posting the text output? You might have to use a site like GitHub (you can open an issue in the convimg GitHub and drag/drop the file into the issue report box).

Also it would be helpful if you could create a zip so I can recreate the exact scenario you are having. Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours