» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
KermMartian wrote:
lirtosiast: Yes, I'd like to implement that, and I'll do my best to find the time to do it.
AHelper: If you could share a spec, I'd be more than happy to implement it.

I'll have time on my break week to dig into it. Am I correct to assume it would be best if I threw php at you to do the conversion (if possible, regardless I'll have specs for it)?
thanks.
AHelper wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
lirtosiast: Yes, I'd like to implement that, and I'll do my best to find the time to do it.
AHelper: If you could share a spec, I'd be more than happy to implement it.

I'll have time on my break week to dig into it. Am I correct to assume it would be best if I threw php at you to do the conversion (if possible, regardless I'll have specs for it)?
Yes please, PHP would be ideal. Smile Thanks!

Earthnite: Thanks for the great suggestions. Amusingly, a few of those are things I recently changed and took out of SourceCoder 3. I made jsTIfied no longer overlap the editor area, because I didn't want to make some of the buttons and tools inaccessible (and a few people had indicated that they didn't like the overlap). I also removed some of the code that was stretching the editor to the height of the jsTIfied frame, because if you have a shorter monitor, it would make you have to deal with scrolling both the editor itself and the entire browser page. I agree that fixing how much jsTIfied pulls out would be nice, although I kinda like the fact that it suggests to otherwise newbie users that there's more to see to the right of jsTIfied. I'll keep tweaking the layout, and your feedback is very helpful here. Thanks!
Suggestion: An auto-format command for the C implementation, much like the arduino software has.

If it has been implemented, I apologize. Smile
Unicorn, do you mean like a template where you can fill in the main() { } function and don't need to remember all the headers? If so, that's definitely on its way soon.
No, like you do Control Shift I and it auto-indents everything for you.
Ahhh, I see what you mean. I'll take that under consideration. Smile

For everyone else: I've added those templates to SourceCoder 3 for ez80 ASM, z80 ASM, and TI-84+CE C. I have also upgraded SPASM-ng to the latest version, and added ti84pce.inc so that our ez80 ASM programmers can assemble programs for the TI-84+CE.
Should you list the available libraries as well?

Code:

/* Other available headers */
// including stdarg.h, setjmp.h, assert.h, ctype.h, float.h, iso646.h, limits.h, errno.h
[recursiven] is the only system variable that can be used in For( and seq(, so it's faster than other TI-BASIC variables and I use it a lot. Is it possible to change its representation to something faster to type, like [nn] or [seqn] or |n?
Sorry if this is a repeat of what's been already said, there's 16 pages of suggestions and I don't want to read through all of them.

[] Syntax help for Axe (and other languages)

[] Project sharing
Unicorn wrote:
Should you list the available libraries as well?

Code:

/* Other available headers */
// including stdarg.h, setjmp.h, assert.h, ctype.h, float.h, iso646.h, limits.h, errno.h
Yes, I definitely should, and will.

lirtosiast wrote:
[recursiven] is the only system variable that can be used in For( and seq(, so it's faster than other TI-BASIC variables and I use it a lot. Is it possible to change its representation to something faster to type, like [nn] or [seqn] or |n?
I could add [seqn] as an alternative. I believe that |n is already taken by something else, isn't it? I'll have to double-check.

T.Wang wrote:
Sorry if this is a repeat of what's been already said, there's 16 pages of suggestions and I don't want to read through all of them.

[] Syntax help for Axe (and other languages)
I don't have time to write all the syntax help myself, but if someone could give me a list of commands (things ending in space or open parentheses) and their syntax, I'd be more than happy to use it, with attribution.

Quote:
[] Project sharing
Once upon a time, SourceCoder 2 had robust features for sharing projects, letting people view and/or edit your projects, and even code to automatically log into and post on Omnimaga, UnitedTI, Cemetech, and other community forums when projects were updated. No one, and I mean no one ever used any of those features, so I'm very hesitant to implement any kind of sharing features again for fear it will be a waste of time, effort, and code complexity.
Alex wrote:
I feel like this would be an appropriate post for the SourceCoder Suggestions topic Smile

Oh, yes, sure! Sorry, I sometimes mess up all those topics...

Here we go:
While using SourceCoder, I have noticed that the left block (The one with a tree of tokens) is quite big and prominent, for how rarely it is used. It would be nice to have a small arrow for hiding/opening it, as it robs precious room of the main block (With the actual program).

This is of course merely my opinion, though an option for hiding it would be great.
It would be very nice if the 3 custom tokens of ICE will be added to SC Smile

"ExecHex(" = $62 $0A
"DefineSprite(" = $62 $0B
"Call " (notice the space) = $62 $0C

And if you are really happy, and have enough time, also all the C functions Wink
PT_ wrote:

"ExecHex(" = $62 $0A

And if you are really happy, and have enough time, also all the C functions Wink

*bump*

There is also a new token: "CompilePrgm(" = $62 $0D.
And if you want, maybe add the ICE indentation as well, which is the same as BASIC, but If-conditions don't need a Then, and always an End Smile
*bump from above*
Also, as discussed on SAX, maybe a sprite/image editor that can give the output in ASM/C/BASIC/xLIBCE/whatever format Smile
PT_ wrote:
PT_ wrote:

"ExecHex(" = $62 $0A

*bump*

There is also a new token: "CompilePrgm(" = $62 $0D.
And if you want, maybe add the ICE indentation as well, which is the same as BASIC, but If-conditions don't need a Then, and always an End Smile
Did you end up adding these tokens to the text-to-binary table, since you have access?

Sprite editor: There's already a sprite editor built-in for BASIC/hybrid; it doesn't currently do ASM, and is a little bit flaky. The suggestion to retool it to give output for C and ASM as well is a great one.
I find the green or red bar (div id="tokenize_result") that comes down to have a highly irritating transition (for example when it automatically saves). I've found that, when working on z80 and jsTIfied is unpaused, the "Project saved. Output is ..." or "File successfully transferred to calculator" notification occurs far too often. (Note that this is rarer when jsTIfied is paused. I have no idea why.)

I think the solution to this is to have the bar constantly visible with a fixed size, but change the color and/or text upon update. For example, when it comes to saving a file, it could be something similar to Notepad++, which changes the color of the tab and adds an asterisk to the displayed filename when an unsaved change occurs.
In my opinion, the saved message is really annoying, as it moves the code you are working on. I suggest that it doesn't move the screen, but instead simply has a spot where it fades in/out of.
ReGuess wrote:
I find the green or red bar (div id="tokenize_result") that comes down to have a highly irritating transition (for example when it automatically saves). I've found that, when working on z80 and jsTIfied is unpaused, the "Project saved. Output is ..." or "File successfully transferred to calculator" notification occurs far too often. (Note that this is rarer when jsTIfied is paused. I have no idea why.)

I think the solution to this is to have the bar constantly visible with a fixed size, but change the color and/or text upon update. For example, when it comes to saving a file, it could be something similar to Notepad++, which changes the color of the tab and adds an asterisk to the displayed filename when an unsaved change occurs.

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
In my opinion, the saved message is really annoying, as it moves the code you are working on. I suggest that it doesn't move the screen, but instead simply has a spot where it fades in/out of.

Okay, now this is really important. It's interfering with the usability of SC. I was working on a SAX message, and when I was about to highlight the text I was typing, the interface dipped down, and I clicked the pop out link instead of the text, taking me away from SC and deleting the message I was working on. This needs to be fixed quickly. Mad
Quite frankly, I'm surprised that isn't forced to open in a new window/tab. I'll go about fixing that!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 16 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours