There needs to be some sort of 'export all programs to txt' option or something that can backup your code and your comments. The worst part of reverting to a backup whenever my code breaks is that I lose all my comments if I load a .8xp file. It would be incredibly helpful to have an option that could export my project as multiple text files (one per program tab) or just one text file.

Also, a primitive fullscreen SC. It took me less than a minute to do, all I did was delete a bunch of stuff using Inspect Element and these were my results:

Sure they're not the prettiest, but they were pretty darn great to use! It was really nice not having two scroll bars (one for the code and one for the entire page) messing me up and I could fit a lot more code on the screen! Wink
Preserving image transparency while exporting to 8ci would be nice, especially when porting TI-82/83/84+ BASIC programs to the TI-83PCE/84+CSE/CE.

Currently, if I try to import a 265x165 image into SourceCoder it shows up fine there, but on calc it's completely black.
It would be very convenient to have a button in the post editor that would bring up a SC3 project and source file selector.

For added bling, it could be interesting for it to (optionally) insert a link to open the project in SC3.

Edit: Also storing a backup of the latest opened file in localStorage for editing over shoddy internet connections/in case of that one bug that deletes large files.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
There needs to be some sort of 'export all programs to txt' option or something that can backup your code and your comments. The worst part of reverting to a backup whenever my code breaks is that I lose all my comments if I load a .8xp file. It would be incredibly helpful to have an option that could export my project as multiple text files (one per program tab) or just one text file.

In progress, but here's a preview:

In sc3c.js, in the function tools_exportmarkup(c), take most of the ternary operators that compare

Code:
'html'==c? … : …

and replace the ":" with

Code:
… : 'text'==c ? '' : …

(which works because ternary operators can be chained).

And of course, declare a helper function

Code:
function tools_exportplaintext(){tools_exportmarkup('text')}
and add an appropriate button in the html.

Edit: Alternatively (as a makeshift patch until the suggestions get edited in to the js file), use Inspect Element on the BBCode export button, edit as HTML, and paste the following code at the end:

Code:
<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="
function tools_exportplaintext(){var e='',f={},l=myCodeMirror,k=l.getValue().split('\n');
for(line in k){for(var m=new CodeMirror.StringStream(k[line],myCodeMirror.options.tabSize),n=l.doc.mode.startState(),p=null,e=e+':';!m.eol()&&m.pos<=l.options.maxHighlightLength;)
{p=l.doc.mode.token(m,n);e+=m.string.substring(m.start,m.pos);m.start=m.pos}
e+='\n'}createTextDialog(e,!0)};
tools_exportplaintext(); return false;" title="Export Plain Text"><div class="sc3_interface_button_plain">Plain Text</div></a>

It's the same code that would be run if the above modifications were implemented, with some simplifications specific to the fact that plaintext doesn't care about color or emphasis.
What if SC allowed users to upload their own xml files, to specify how they want their code tokenized?

context:
#cemetech wrote:
fghsgh Today at 7:24 PM
it [SourceCoder] supports most things
except for a literal L1
iPhoenix Today at 7:27 PM
No it supports that?
just type L1 lol
LogicalJoe Today at 7:27 PM
I think he means an L then a 1.
Cemetech (xmpp) Today at 7:28 PM
NonstickAtom785 entered the room
fghsgh Today at 7:28 PM
yes, a literal L1, not a tokenized one
TheLastMillennial (xmpp) Today at 7:30 PM
L\1
iPhoenix Today at 7:34 PM
Yeah, L\1
ReGuess (xmpp) Today at 8:00 PM
Fun fact: This means you can type a literal "L1" in a program in jsTIfied, send the prgm to SC, and when you send it back, it's "L₁" instead
fghsgh Today at 8:01 PM
SC should use |L1 or L_1 for L1 so there is no ambiguity
although |L1 could maybe be used in a string with the current meaning, but it does cause a syntax error when trying to use it in an expression
ReGuess (xmpp) Today at 8:05 PM
What if SC allowed users to upload their own xml files, to specify how they want their code tokenized?
fghsgh Today at 8:05 PM
I don't think by now any features will be added to SC ever again
MateoC (irc) Today at 8:05 PM
that would be nice
fghsgh: you're kidding right
PT_ is rewriting it in python
fghsgh Today at 8:06 PM
oh
I remember that now
PT_ (irc) Today at 8:06 PM
Yep
why xml though, json is so much nicer
MateoC (irc) Today at 8:06 PM
*yaml is so much nicer
ReGuess (xmpp) Today at 8:06 PM
that's what TokenIDE uses
and therefore what SC is based on
maybe it should support all of them
PT_ (irc) Today at 8:07 PM
Who cares about json or xml? That's all done behind the scenes Razz
ReGuess (xmpp) Today at 8:08 PM
if the user is providing their own, then it is very much not behind the scenes
You could add a menu to pick ROM images to load such as TI-84+ and TI-83+. This will make the Rom loading easier and faster for all users alike. New users will be able to code without having to get a hold on a ROM image. You could also add a general location checker to see if the place they are, allow free use of ROM images. And if they say no to giving location, then it will disable it entirely. Of course they should be able to change that.
DragonScholar71 wrote:
You could add a menu to pick ROM images to load such as TI-84+ and TI-83+. This will make the Rom loading easier and faster for all users alike. New users will be able to code without having to get a hold on a ROM image. You could also add a general location checker to see if the place they are, allow free use of ROM images. And if they say no to giving location, then it will disable it entirely. Of course they should be able to change that.

That's not how any of this works. TI can sue you if you are distributing their ROMs in Azerbaijan or East Timor.
DragonScholar71 wrote:

Please use your brain, if you even have one, before making a post.
Michael2_3B wrote:
DragonScholar71 wrote:

Please use your brain, if you even have one, before making a post.
Give me money so I can buy a calc and not use ROM.

More seriously, if jsTIfied and every other community emulator out there do not come with ROMs over a decade after emulator release, then the reasons why are obvious.
I am not that experienced in terms of emulators, but it was just a suggestion. If you know the reason there is no built in ROM; I am curious to know it.
DragonScholar71 wrote:
I am not that experienced in terms of emulators, but it was just a suggestion. If you know the reason there is no built in ROM; I am curious to know it.

It's illegal to distribute ROMs in most countries.

TI's ROMs are copyright of TI, and if Cemetech hosted them, they would be able to take legal action - at the very least, forcing Cemetech to stop hosting the ROMs or even the entire emulator, and at worst, shutting the site down or suing its owners.

Sure, it would be slightly more convenient to distribute the ROMs, but it's not worth the legal risk to do so.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 20 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours