It's been a while sine I used Axe, but I think you can do something like this:

Code:
:GetCalc("appvAPPVAR")->A
:3->{A}

This will store 3 to the first byte of appvar APPVAR.
To create:

Code:
GetCalc("appvNAME", size)→PointerToData

To modify:

Code:
GetCalc("appvNAME")→PointerToData

To delete:

Code:
DelVar "appvNAME"
Well, Sir, you're "Modify" example just gets the address of the first byte of the appvar. Souvik's is more accurate describing how to *modify* it.
Is there any menu framework for axe? (Like what Mufin made, only for axe)
seana11 wrote:
Is there any menu framework for axe? (Like what Mufin made, only for axe)

None really made at the moment, but it shouldn't be too hard to make.
What do you mean by menus? I've done something similar.
Anything from TI-OS menu type to GECUMESY.
Check here
Any chance that that post could be cross-posted here? I don't want to get out a proxy to see what it is :/
SirCmpwn wrote:
To create:

Code:
GetCalc("appvNAME", size)→PointerToData

To modify:

Code:
GetCalc("appvNAME")→PointerToData

To delete:

Code:
DelVar "appvNAME"

is the appv a tolken? ANd how do I read? And I don't get that PointerToData.........
_player1357, I myself would need a proxy to do that Smile

Pointers are a much broader and very important topic. Have you read Quigibo's manual?
me? no can you plz link?
If you have downloaded Axe from ticalc.org there should be a file called "Documentation.pdf" containing the manual. Otherwise it's also available here.

The command list index is also useful. link
Oh, that thing! Smile Ok, thanks
How do I send information from one calculator to another? I think Get and Send( is involved, but I can't get it to work. Must I set the Port to something first? Code examples is welcome.
The link port basically only allows for the transmission of two bits at a time. Axe offers direct access to this functionality by allowing you to store to the "variable" Port, and it will only utilize the first two bits of the value you sent it.
However, if you want to send an entire byte, you can create your own routine, or use the built-in Get and Send( routines. Send(BYTE, TIME) will attempt to send BYTE to a connected calculator. It will keep trying until the other calculator executes Get, or it times out after TIME (microseconds).
The other calculator should use the "variable" Get to receive this data. If it fails, it returns -1. If it succeeds, it returns the value sent.

Calculator 1 - Sending 42

Code:
.SEND
Disp "Sending 42"
If Send(42,10000)
Disp "Success"
Else
Disp "Failure"
End

Calculator 2 - Receiving

Code:
.RECEIVE
Disp "Waiting..."
Get→A
If A=-1
Disp "Failure"
Else
Disp "Success: ", A>Dec
End
I got a question: I got the pointer "F" of a appvariable in ram, and I want to stor it in Archieve.
Why doesn't Archive F work?
Thanks for the help SirC, I probably should have said that I want to connect the calculators with the USB cable, since that's the only cable I have available.
Then you've just made it hundreds of times more complex. Read up on WikiTI about the USB ports and see if you can figure it out. It's very complicated, and not fully understood.
Sorunome, you need a pointer to the name of it. For example,

Code:
"appvHELLO"→Str1
Archive Str1

You might be able to use ArchiveVar if you're clever.
ok, thanks! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours