Anybody pick up this game yet? The PS3 copy of the game supports co-op with PC's (not sure about XBOX to PC or XBOX to PS3), so if anyone is willing to Co-Op through the game, add me on Steam: comicIDIOT or find me in the Cemetech Usergroup.
I'm hoping to get it soon, although $60 is a bit steep to start out. Sad I'm hoping it goes down in price soon.
360 wont have cross platform co-op like that because the PC and PS3 will be using the steam service and the 360 version is stuck on live (thanks to Microsoft).

MS does not want this because it would kill live. everyone would use steam over live because steam is free and you have to pay for live (the see it as a loss of income).

only one game that i know of that does not rely on live or a gold membership which is FF11 MMO and it is cross platform as well (PS2, PC, 360) but it is a monthly pay to play game.

This alone makes me sad. I wish Live wasn't so darnn limited in this aspect. maybe this is why i should have bought a PS3 over a 360.
I've got it on the PC. I added you to my steam. You just need to get online... Razz

@Kerm: It is by far worth $50. Truly amazing game, even better than the first.
I've got it on xbox, and it's a lot of fun. I'd suggest picking it up.
I redeemed my PC copy of the game. I now own it on Mac/PC & PS3. I'm not use to some of these puzzles but I'm getting them slowly. Really liking the Cloud saving so I can pick up on other PS3's - or on my computer. Though I already am a member to PlayStation Plus so I get a similar feature for all my game saves (just can't load saves from the cloud from inside the game like Steam+Portal.)

Kllrnohj, accepted your invite.
You got it for all three platforms with one copy of the game? That's pretty awesome.
Yeah that's why I wish I'd bought a PS3 instead of a freaking Xbox...
KermMartian wrote:
You got it for all three platforms with one copy of the game? That's pretty awesome.
No, you only get a copy on Steam with the PS3 version. Purchase for any other platform nets you that platform only.
I did some co-op last night with a friend who was on his PS3 - man the PS3 sucks at loading. Other than that it worked really well, was quite surprised. Very, very good co-op.
That's right, I forgot about the PS3's abysmal 1x speed blue-ray drive, as opposed to the Xbox's higher-speed DVD9 drive...
anyone want to venture a guess as to what this is?: http://valvearg.com/c/o/u/n/t/down/

EDIT- oh cool it's a thank you for the ARG.

Also, this is so win:

My gamertag is gizmo19401 if you have an xbox and want to do co-op.

And shame on you for pirating the single greatest achievement of mankind...
They're going to release a demo, just be patient...
Dontar, let me remind you that discussion of pirating is not tolerated on Cemetech, and admitting pirating something online on this public and often-viewed of a forum is pretty stupid anyway. On a happier note, I definitely will try a demo if and when they release it, and I still want to get the game. Does anyone know if and when they will lower the price?
You may want to do some research into the pricing history for the Orange Box and extrapolate from that...
Sales happen all the time at retail stores, though not often on the PC Games, just the console games. KermM, I'd look into finally updating that PS3 of yours and getting it for PS3 since it'll come with a PC Copy.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Sales happen all the time at retail stores, though not often on the PC Games, just the console games. KermM, I'd look into finally updating that PS3 of yours and getting it for PS3 since it'll come with a PC Copy.

Uh, what? Who buys games from a retail store? Buy games on Steam - Steam has *AMAZING* sales all the time. Far better than you will ever find for console games (75% off isn't uncommon on steam).

@Kerm: Jump start your game collection and just get the Valve Complete Pack on Steam. It's $99 and includes all of the following:
Quote:
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Deathmatch Classic
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal
Portal 2
Ricochet
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress Classic
I'd get Gmod too for good measure. Plus you can play around with ALL the props from ALL those games in it...
Kllrnohj wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Uh, what? Who buys games from a retail store?
A lot of people, a lot of people.

I'm aware of the sales Steam has, but I'm one of those people that prefer tangible video and games over their digital counterparts Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours