It appears that not only is SG-U ending without resolution, there will be no concluding DVD movie, and both SG: Extinction and SG: Revolution (the SG-A and SG-1 movies) have also been mothballed.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/04/wright-sgu-continuation-other-movies-dead-for-now/

This is a sad day for all of us.
wow, that is sad.
Star Trek adds another soul to it's collection... THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. Next Target: Battlestar Galactica.
DShiznit wrote:
Star Trek adds another soul to it's collection... THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. Next Target: Battlestar Galactica.

Not really, look at what happened to the Star Trek Enterprise series. that series is really awesome.

unless you count Star Trek eating its own soul.

that series when it was pulled was/is a sad loss, but both are sad.

it was more of a sad loss then what SG-U is. i stopped watching the stargate series after SG-1. i did watch it from time to time but just could not get into it like i did with SG-1
Stargate was never very good.

Battlestar Galactica was terrible.

Babylon 5 is the only truly "good" series to be released in the past twenty years.
Well doesn't that just suck. I was hoping they would at least finish off the story. :/
allynfolksjr wrote:
Stargate was never very good.

Battlestar Galactica was terrible.

Babylon 5 is the only truly "good" series to be released in the past twenty years.

DIAF.

What made Stargate so good, and separated it from every other Sci-fi franchise out there was that it didn't begin with the main race/characters as technologically advanced beyond our own current level of technology. We get to see Earth develop from an interstellar backwater that hasn't played a role in galactic history for 5000 years to constructing our own space faring fighters, battlecruisers and deep-space carriers, and finally into an intergalactic power fighting wars across 3 galaxies. There's something a lot more compelling about seeing that development take place than just being thrown into a universe after it's already happened.
madmax2069 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Not really, look at what happened to the Star Trek Enterprise series. that series is really awesome.

it was more of a sad loss then what SG-U is. i stopped watching the stargate series after SG-1. i did watch it from time to time but just could not get into it like i did with SG-1

Except that Star Trek didn't end with the cancellation of Enterprise. It continued with a wildly successful movie, with 2 sequels in production. With the death of stargate, those fans will move to Star Trek, thus making us that much stronger. Once we take out Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica, we'll have more than enough power to complete our ultimate goal of eclipsing and consuming Star Wars...
DShiznit wrote:
we'll have more than enough power to complete our ultimate goal of eclipsing and consuming Star Wars...

Star Wars fans at this point are either too cynical and jaded or too fanatic (depending on the individual case) to ever be consumed by another Force.

I've been considering the awesome potential of using the the SC2 campaign editor to make an SG mod, but I don't want it to take away from my FreeBuild time.
DShiznit wrote:
madmax2069 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Except that Star Trek didn't end with the cancellation of Enterprise. It continued with a wildly successful movie, with 2 sequels in production. With the death of stargate, those fans will move to Star Trek, thus making us that much stronger. Once we take out Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica, we'll have more than enough power to complete our ultimate goal of eclipsing and consuming Star Wars...

Being both a Star Wars fan and a Star Trek fan i do not see ST taking down SW any time soon ( if ever). if you ask me it will never happen.

A fan of Star Trek is usually also a fan of Star Wars but there are exceptions to everything. ST came out before SW but still The SW following is quite large (possibly just as large)
http://noms.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/04/23/funny-food-photos-stargate-cake/
Nom nom nom!
My dad is watching stargate right now. :p STARGATE not starwars or startrek.
calcman wrote:

Me too. But after tonight, there only two more episodes forever.
elfprince13 wrote:
calcman wrote:

Me too. But after tonight, there only two more episodes forever.

If they go the same way as Star Trek, some young hero will pull that abortion out of the dumpster and breathe new life into it. But as a Star Trek fan I'd rather see that fan-base consumed by my own...

As for Star Wars holding out, I wouldn't hold my breath. They're dwindling with a meh series, several lack-luster video games, and no good movies in decades.
It doesn't help that Lucas has no intention of creating the final three movies.
comicIDIOT wrote:
It doesn't help that Lucas has no intention of creating the final three movies.

Which is terrible, because I'd love to see Zahn's trilogy on the big screen.
I heard those actually are in the pipeline, after the $200,000-a-minute conversion of the first 6 into 3D is complete...
DShiznit wrote:
I heard those actually are in the pipeline, after the $200,000-a-minute conversion of the first 6 into 3D is complete...

Probably TV show first.
If anyone wants to get a piece of the show before it's all gone:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/propworx2
http://store.propworx.com/storefrontprofiles/deluxeSFshop.aspx?sfid=201575&c=197933

If you don't want to spend money, but want to admire everything:
http://stargateartifacts.com/wallpapers/
http://stargateartifacts.com/videos/

I personally like this: http://stargateartifacts.com/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=13

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours