Hey, it's not April 1st!

So when is DCS going to be ported?
Two things:
CalcNet on Prism, and 3D.
Ashbad, I hope so!
Graphmastur, very soon. Wink
SirCmpwn, yes, and I hope so, respectively.
Are you planning to make it so that TI 83+/84+/SE calculators can link to a Prizm for a multiplayer game?
souvik1997 wrote:
Are you planning to make it so that TI 83+/84+/SE calculators can link to a Prizm for a multiplayer game?
I'm absolutely considering a compatibility mode in Obliterate once I port over CALCnet, but that's a ways down the road. I would have to let the Prizm do a sort of interpolated terrain, since of course it has a much higher-resolution screen than the TI-83+/84+ series.
KermMartian wrote:
Ashbad, I hope so!
Graphmastur, very soon. Wink
SirCmpwn, yes, and I hope so, respectively.

Glad to hear it!
Thanks. Smile As of this evening, I nearly have all of the following ready, which means it's just about time to dive into gameplay:

void doSettings(void); //draw and interact the Settings dialog
void showAbout(void); //draw and pause on the About dialog
void drawDialog(char* title); //draw a DCS SmallWindow-style dialog box
void drawLine(int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2, int color); //integer-only Bresenham implementation
void fillArea(int x, int y, int width, int height, int color); //rectangular fill
int makeGray(int shade); //turn a shade into a gray color code
void plot(int x0, int y0, int color); //set point x0,y0 to color
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks. Smile As of this evening, I nearly have all of the following ready, which means it's just about time to dive into gameplay:

void doSettings(void); //draw and interact the Settings dialog
void showAbout(void); //draw and pause on the About dialog
void drawDialog(char* title); //draw a DCS SmallWindow-style dialog box
void drawLine(int x1, int y1, int x2, int y2, int color); //integer-only Bresenham implementation
void fillArea(int x, int y, int width, int height, int color); //rectangular fill
int makeGray(int shade); //turn a shade into a gray color code
void plot(int x0, int y0, int color); //set point x0,y0 to color

Very nice, Kerm!
Thanks! I've just posted all but the first two to the Useful Routines topic for other people to build off of my work. We definitely need to start compiling some Cemetech libraries for people to use in their Prizm programs. I wish there was an easier way for me to show you guys screenshots than taking photographs that definitely don't do my program justice. Sad
*bump* Just to show that I'm making progress, but I apologize for the truly disgusting image quality:

Looks cool, Kerm! Can you make the text in the window smaller? I think it would look better that way. Smile
Nope, there's only "Output("-style text: 9 rows and 21 columns. I had to move the dialog box to exact overlap with where some of that text was supposed to be. Sad We don't know how to write text at arbitrary locations yet.
You should do multi-colored tanks, with each player choosing their own color. Also, since you have more space to work with, how about allowing concave holes in terrain in prizm-only mode? OH and add multiple weapon options(via pickups) and tank movement(like in Worms).
DShiznit, I certainly can do the concave holes in the terrain, but I'm going to start out coding it like the z80 version just to get things moving, then I'll add the multiple weapons and the more complex terrain.
wow, i need to get a prizm.

great job so far Kerm
madmax2069 wrote:
wow, i need to get a prizm.

great job so far Kerm
Thanks very much! To keep everyone appraised of progress, I got turrets working, including letting the player rotate his or her turret, which means I have proper fixed-point math routines, including sine, cosine, square root, multiplication, and division working. Woo!
All right. If/when my 83 Plus breaks, I'm getting a Prizm.

I'd love to see CALCnet compatiblity, as well as gCn, on the Prizm, because that would bridge the gap between the two major competing brands of graphing calculators.
Don't worry, I have every intention of porting CALCnet just as soon as we figure out how to deal with the linking hardware in ASM and/or C. If it's memory-mapped, I may have to worry about speed issues, but hopefully not. gCn comes free with CALCnet working, because the calculators participating in gCn (with the exception of Direct USB) aren't actually aware it's not a local network.
*bump* Just to reassure people that this is not totally dead, as soon as Jonimus gives me the green flag for the current GCC toolchain build to be used with Tari's makeg3a program, I will rebuild Obliterate with that, and hopefully it will give me the 64-bit data types I need to avoid the pain of writing my own 64/32-bit long division in 32-bit data types.
extreme accuracy needed, no? Wink

Good luck, Kerm, this is looking very amazing so far -- like normal I'm sure you'll surprise us with it's high quality once it's finished Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours