Which display do you think looks better?
The big letters (like on the HomeScreen)
 44%  [ 8 ]
The small letters (like on the GraphScreen)
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

Here is the full source code for prgmINPUT...

Code:

:"Version: 4.29.11
:" →Str1
:Repeat Z=105 and 1<length(Str1
:Text(∟INPUT(2),0,Str0,":",Str1,"                                                                 
:Repeat Z
:getKey→Z:End
:If Z=23 and 1<length(Str1
:sub(Str1,1,length(Str1)-1→Str1
:If Z=32
:Str1+"X→Str1
:If Z=45 and 1<length(Str1
:" →Str1
:If Z=21
:1→Y
:If Z>50 and Z<105 and Z≠62 and Z≠91 and Y=0
:Str1+sub("{^-1}sin(cos(tan(^{^2}F()/log(789*ln(456-F123+F0.{-}F",10fPart(.1Z)+5iPart(.1Z-5),1→Str1
:If Z>50 and Z<105 and Z≠62 and Z≠91 and Z≠41 and Z≠95 and Z≠102 and Y=1
:Then
:Str1+sub("Fsin{^-1}cos{^-1}tan{^-1}{pi}sqrt(F{}{e}10^(uvw[{e}^({L4}{L5}{L6}]F{L1}{L2}{L3}FFF{i}AnsF",10fPart(.1Z)+5iPart(.1Z-5),1→Str1
:0→Y
:End
:End
:sub(Str1,2,length(Str1)-1→Str1

Please feel free to suggest any optimizations and/or ideas. Thanks

Code:
:If Z>50 and Z<105 and Z≠62 and Z≠91 and Z≠41 and Z≠95 and Z≠102 and Y=1

Might be turned into

Code:
:If Z>50 and Z<105 and Y and not(max(Z={62,91,41,95,102

Not tested, so back the program up before editing with that, or wait for someone else to say yay or nay on it.
Alright. I'll try it right now
If it isn't that, it is something really close. :p I've been up a long while, and I have a headache..

Nothing else really stands out to me at this moment..
I tried it, and it works. Thanks, tifreak8x
Sweet. Did it drop the program size any at all?
Lol. I don't think so. But, I'll leave it like that
TI_Coder wrote:
0x5. I don't think so. But, I'll leave it like that
It's faster than using all the conditional statements, as you can easily prove to yourself with a timed loop. Smile
Well, with this prgm, it wouldn't really make a perceivable difference. Though, I will leave it on there. Thanks again, tifreak
Not a problem, glad I am still awake enough to be of help. :p

Now watch, Weregoose will stride in here and compress the program to roughly half its size..
At this point, I seriously doubt that's possible
Well, you just sort of dodged what I suggested. I'm glad it got you thinking, but using an extra string/condition is totally unnecessary.

Here is an example routine. Write it in a new program to get a sense of what I was talking about in my last post.

Code:
DelVar J">→Str1
ClrHome
Repeat Z=105
Output(1,1,J
Output(2,1,Str1+"· // [2nd] [Y=] [◄] [3]
Repeat Ans
getKey→Z
End
If Ans=32 or Ans>50
Then
sub("{^-1}sin(cos(tan(^*X0.{-}Fln(456-{^2},()/F123+log(789Fsin{^-1}(cos{^-1}(tan{^-1}({pi}[FF{i}FF{e}^({L4}{L5}{L6}]sqrt({E}{}{e}F{L1}{L2}{L3}F10^(uvw",25fPart(.04Ans)+6(Ans>55)+30J,1
If Ans≠"F
DelVar JStr1+Ans→Str1
End
If Z=21
not(J→J
End

@tifreak8x, I did optimize an earlier version of his program, but very little of that structure was preserved.
Ah, very nice weregoose. My comment on you coming in like that though was of course, a friendly jab at how awesome your optimizing abilities are.
Very nice, Weregoose. I'm a bit confused, because I thought you had already presented nearly that same optimized version earlier in the topic...
My earlier version didn't let the user hit the 2nd button to switch the behavior of all the keys.

If you'd like to see it in action, here's a download.
Weregoose wrote:
My earlier version didn't let the user hit the 2nd button to switch the behavior of all the keys.
Ah, thanks for the clarification, but lest I be misunderstood, I was criticizing TI_Coder for not carefully reading all of our posts (including yours) on the topic, but perhaps that was unfair to him.

Quote:
If you'd like to see it in action, here's a download.
*click*
NEW PROGRAM!!!

Ok, I've been working on a new prgm lately, called prgmTRIANGLE. This will draw a triangle, and then allow the user to change the location of each point of the triangle, all while returning realtime data like: point location (x,y), line length (between points), and the angle of each line. So far, the user can edit the location of a single point. All the data returns are working great except for the angles.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Maybe you want to see the source code and help me out a little?
NEW ARCHIVE!!!

The last archive was lost somewhere. You can see on the recent files list, but clicking on it gives no result. I will post the url to the new archive on the first post of this thread as soon as it is accepted
Similar to cabri Jr.. app?
@calcman:
What is similar to what?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours