Which display do you think looks better?
The big letters (like on the HomeScreen)
 44%  [ 8 ]
The small letters (like on the GraphScreen)
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

Update: 3.16.12

Programs

MATH
ANGLPOLY: gives the measure of the interior and exterior angles of any regular polygon from 3 to 24 sides
FOIL: performs the First Inner Outer Last technique in solving inequalities
LINEINFO: gives the information about a line
PYTHTHRM: performs the pythagorean theorum technique to solve for right triangles
QUADFACT: performs the quadratic formula technique to solve inequalities. Also provides the perfect factor of the inequality
SUMSQNCE: performs the formula to solve for the sum of a sequence (exponential/quadratic)

SCIENCE
BMI: calculates your Body Mass Index

GAMES
BETTING: calculator chooses a random number from 0 to 5. Bet credits on your guess
BOUNCE: pixel bounces off lines on the screen
LINE: a line is drawn, which can be moved by the user. Program relays live line length information
PAZAAK: mock of the Pazaak card game from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
STIKFITE: stick fighting game

APPS
BINCLOCK: displays the time (realtime/refreshing) in binary digit form
DATETIME: displays the time (analog and digital), date, day
EXACTAGE: calculates your exact age; down to the second
FINALGRD: calculates the score you must receive on a final to get a desired grade in the class
PICEDIT: allows you to turn pixels on and off
UPCCDGEN: generates a UPC barcode, tests it to see if valid, then prints the barcode onto the screen
UPCGEN: generates the barcode for the UPC code entered

Sub Programs

INPUT: prompts the user for input (letters/numbers)
MENU: prompts the user for input (choice selection)
STRTPRGM: runs at start of each program

Download Link: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/TI_BASIC_Programs.zip
Nice! Why does ANGLOPOLY work only for polygons up to 24 sides, though?
Well, after icosagon (20 sides), the polygons really don't have any real names. It goes 21-gon, 22-gon, 23-gon, etc. I just decided to stop at 24. I really don't know why...
I noticed that the zip file you uploaded to the archives is new rather than an update of your previous upload. Was that intentional? Also, I noticed that your description was just a link to this thread; I'd prefer a bit more substantial of a description, although leaving the link in addition is fine.
It was intentional. I would like if you could completely remove the previous files, and I'll just keep updating this one. As for the description, I'll try to add something
TI_Coder wrote:
It was intentional. I would like if you could completely remove the previous files, and I'll just keep updating this one. As for the description, I'll try to add something
If you were to re-upload this over the old zip, that would let you keep your downloads and would make everything run slightly more smoothly, but I understand if it's too much trouble.
I don't mind about the downloads. It was only about 50 or so. But I'd just like a fresh start, if you don't mind
TI_Coder wrote:
I don't mind about the downloads. It was only about 50 or so. But I'd just like a fresh start, if you don't mind
I understand, not a problem. I just don't have an automatic way to delete items from the archive. Very Happy
Are you saying that you're not able to remove items from the archive?
TI_Coder wrote:
Are you saying that you're not able to remove items from the archive?
No, I'll do it momentarily, it's just not easy, because I need to go into the MySQL database and remove the file item, then track down the actual zip via SFTP and delete it. I wrote automated tools to do lots of other archives functions, but sadly deleting programs isn't one of them, because I hardly ever have to do so.
Oh, I know what that's like >.<
Ok, well, I'm starting another re-write, prgmFOIL. This prgm executes the First Outer Inner Last sequence. I want the user to be able to type in the entire equation, "(3x+2)(x+4)", and have the prgm return 3, 2, 1, and 4 as values. How could I go about doing this?
First you would get the values inside the parenthesis (and it sounds like you have, from IRC) then you would get the numbers before the X using sub() and inString(). For the numbers after the +, you would do the same but inString(,"+") instead. Some code:
Code:
Input "(",Str1
Sub(Str1,1,inString(Str1,"X")-1->Str2
inString(Str1,"+")+1
Sub(Str1,Ans,Length(Str1)-Ans->Str3
Expr(Str2->A
Expr(Str3->B
Str2 holds the string version of the number before the X. Str3 holds the string version for the number after the +. A holds the actual number of Str2, and B holds the actual number for Str3. It expects you to input a string like:3X+2. No ending parenthesis.
The above code didn't seem to work. "BASIC Ex Err:DOM". When I go to prgm, it stops at "sub(Str1,Ans,length(Str1)-Ans)->Str3"
Do you happen to know what Ans was/is when it crashes? Also, what input string?
Well, I replaced Ans with "3" (sub(Str1,Ans,length(Str1)-Ans)->Str3 to sub(Str1,Ans,length(Str1)-3)->Str3) and it seemed to work
This should work instead, I was off-by-1 Razz
Code:
Input "(",Str1
Sub(Str1,1,inString(Str1,"X")-1->Str2
inString(Str1,"+")
Sub(Str1,Ans+1,Length(Str1)-Ans->Str3
Expr(Str2->A
Expr(Str3->B
Ok, that works. But, I'm asking for the input of two equations at a time. "(3x+2)(x+4)" will be a single string. Possible?
Of course, just sub() and inString() out what you need. For instance, to get the second number before the X, you would do:
Code:
1+inString(Str1,"(",2
sub(Str1,Ans,inString(Str1,"X",Ans)-Ans
(Should work, if it is off by 1, start adding or subtracting 1 from certain parts. Most likely, if it is wrong, the sub() line is at fault.)
I typed in "(3X+2)" as the string, but it gave me a syntax error. Is there any way to remove the parenthesis from a string?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours