Identified another bug, this time with question marks. Follow these steps to reproduce:
  1. Make a new game with 5 mines, but not that you win instantly. There should be tiles that need uncovering.
  2. Mark all mines as a flag with one as a question mark. Don't uncover extra tiles, you must have 2 or more still left.
  3. Save and reload
  4. Click on tiles. It will have the game win with one tile not needing be uncovered, even if that tile is a number.
  5. Repeat this process, but using more question marks. For 2 question marks, two tiles can be left unclicked in order to win.
So, the first add-in I ran on my new Prizm was Minesweeper. Smile I like it so far, I didn't find any bugs yet while playing.
Are you playing the graphical one or the text one?
I played both versions, but I played the graphical version first.
Well cool! I'm glad you like it!

AHelper wrote:
Identified another bug, this time with question marks. Follow these steps to reproduce:
  1. Make a new game with 5 mines, but not that you win instantly. There should be tiles that need uncovering.
  2. Mark all mines as a flag with one as a question mark. Don't uncover extra tiles, you must have 2 or more still left.
  3. Save and reload
  4. Click on tiles. It will have the game win with one tile not needing be uncovered, even if that tile is a number.
  5. Repeat this process, but using more question marks. For 2 question marks, two tiles can be left unclicked in order to win.
Reproduced, fixed, and updated. Thanks for finding all these bugs for me Smile
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=684
Yup, I will try to find more bugs tomorrow

<edit> technically today, but w/e
I wrote:
Pretty good game of minesweeper. Many of the features of the original game are in there. There are two feature that are not in there, and one that shouldn't be: First, there's none of the both-click thing, so you can't see how many spaces are next to a space, and you have to fish out all of them. This would be kinda hard to implement, and it doesn't degrade the gameplay too much, but it would be nice to have. Second, there's no time/highscore feature. Really? This is minesweeper. I want to impress my friends with my amazing ninja highscores. Third, there's a save/restore feature. Seriously? That opens up soooo many doors for cheating.
seana11 wrote:
There's none of the both-click thing, so you can't see how many spaces are next to a space, and you have to fish out all of them. This would be kinda hard to implement, and it doesn't degrade the gameplay too much, but it would be nice to have.
I agree this would be nice to have. I'm actually currently working on this.

ibid. wrote:
Second, there's no time/highscore feature. Really? This is minesweeper. I want to impress my friends with my amazing ninja highscores.
I also agree this would be nice, and it's planned.

ibid. wrote:
Third, there's a save/restore feature. Seriously? That opens up soooo many doors for cheating.
This exists as it is now because if you run another program after this, it'll restart, so your game will be lost. I added this feature so that if you need to leave the add-in, you can still resume your game. There's some way to do an "on unload" handler, and I plan on making use of that, but for now this is the best way. And as for cheating, it hardly matters in this case because time isn't tracked at all.

I appreciate the comments, and the high rating. Thanks Smile
Andrew made some different sized tiles so that the board can be made bigger!

I think he did a pretty good job Smile
merthsoft wrote:
Andrew made some different sized tiles so that the board can be made bigger!

I think he did a pretty good job Smile
I think he did too, those look great! I admire your diligence in maintaining this even after pushing out a "1.0" sort of version; I sometimes don't have that sort of patience with my projects.
I learned about a new syscall which lets you set a hook for when the program exits. With that, I made it so the saving and loading happens automatically, so the save and load buttons have been removed.

Additionally, I've made it so that you can click on a number cell, and there are that number of flagged neighbors, it will cascade all open neighbors (for quick selection).

Link:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=684
That's quite cool. I can't think of anything I could use that for in my programs, but it's a great addition to Minesweeper. Also of course the automatic cascade is nifty. I'll have to get this version (and the new OS version) onto my Prizms as soon as possible.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours