Quote:
That's a good point, I completely forgot about those. But if I recall correctly, plenty of Republicans are in their pockets too.

Quote:
Unfortunately they seem to be running both parties at this point.

Quote:
You clearly don't understand what a union is, what they've done for us, or what they were made for. Unions are why we have the 40-hour work week, why workers can take time off if they're sick, why children can't be forced to work, why we have minimum wage, why we no longer have sweatshops, why women can work in textile factories without fear of catching on fire, etc. There are a few that have perverted that meaning, I'll grant you, but they're largely a fighting force for the working man, and when they work, they do really good work.

Which leaves me wondering why I don't know anyone in a union who likes being in it.

Quote:
How do you figure? How is allowing Socioeconomic Darwinism to occur not compatible with the belief in personal rights and freedoms?

Because it results in allowing people to trample all over other people's rights.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours