I was playing Minecraft for a while and when I logged off I was thinking about what if there were mobs in Free Build? Wouldn't it be cool? Or is this just a dumb idea?
Personally, I think it's a dumb idea, no offense. Smile I mean dumb in the sense that it doesn't fit with the overall theme of the game. With that said, it's built to be very modable and extensible, so it would be cool if you built a mod that added Minecraft-like features such as that.
I actually kind of like the idea of a mob of hundreds of lego people chasing you, if only for stress testing the engine...
DShiznit wrote:
I actually kind of like the idea of a mob of hundreds of lego people chasing you, if only for stress testing the engine...
Well, we did once have the CemetechAI package, so it wouldn't be totally ridiculous to attempt something like that imho.
I am with this, I want a lego-Kerm chasing me while building stuff Very Happy

(I call dibs on fire sword!)

anywho, hmm, I think that adding mobs as an option is the way to go then, it would make alot of people happy I am sure
As a mod perhaps. I also wouldn't mind scripting AI-controlled players that build random reasonably-sized models from your igob, I'm sorrry "model," folder.
DShiznit wrote:
As a mod perhaps. I also wouldn't mind scripting AI-controlled players that build random reasonably-sized models from your igob, I'm sorrry "model," folder.
Oooh, that would be quite cool! Especially if they could also grab new models from some kind of (mediated to minimize phallus model frequency) model repository.
I wonder if it would be possible to integrate some kind of (optional) genital recognition software to FreeBuild to automatically block those kinds of builds, similar to what chat roulette has been trying?
DShiznit wrote:
I wonder if it would be possible to integrate some kind of (optional) genital recognition software to FreeBuild to automatically block those kinds of builds, similar to what chat roulette has been trying?
Haha, really? They've been doing that? That's hilarious. The problem is that people can tend to be extremely creative, plus of course skyscraper builds could cause false positives.
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
Haha, really? They've been doing that? That's hilarious. The problem is that people can tend to be extremely creative, plus of course skyscraper builds could cause false positives.

Yeah that was my thinking. Perhaps something that looks at a build's shadow from all angles, then looks for the pattern of two circles(or one from the side), a shaft, and a separate pointed or rounded head.
To address the original question: you can mod FreeBuild to do whatever you please, including being chased by mobs of angry minifigs (or large angry mechs, or dragons, etc). The CemetechAI scripts would be a reasonable starting place for that sort of thing, but they need a lot of cleaning up first.

To address the phalluses: Lego Universe has moderated build sharing, and we could probably add build sharing to the existing Cemetech Archive system which is already moderated. It comes back to an issue of trusted vs untrusted model repositories, which should be user configurable rather than mandated from the top down.
elfprince13 wrote:
To address the original question: you can mod FreeBuild to do whatever you please, including being chased by mobs of angry minifigs (or large angry mechs, or dragons, etc). The CemetechAI scripts would be a reasonable starting place for that sort of thing, but they need a lot of cleaning up first.

To address the phalluses: Lego Universe has moderated build sharing, and we could probably add build sharing to the existing Cemetech Archive system which is already moderated. It comes back to an issue of trusted vs untrusted model repositories, which should be user configurable rather than mandated from the top down.

Would it be possible to make a mob where their heads are Kerm's head? That would be awesome! (give them a banhammer too, so that when you get hit, you cannot reenter the game XD)
I remember the cemetech ai script it was pretty awesome.
qazz42 wrote:
Would it be possible to make a mob where their heads are Kerm's head? That would be awesome!

That would be awesome, until the GPU kills itself...
TOB has player-chasing zombie bots, maybe we could remake it?
DShiznit wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Would it be possible to make a mob where their heads are Kerm's head? That would be awesome!

heh, fine... if you wanna be that way Razz
DShiznit wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Oh man, such harshness. Sad Lafferjm, thanks!
Maybe an "Adventure Mode" that would have you go through different challenges, like fighting off plastic zombies. Just don't fool gullible children into believing that this is real like Retailers still do.
KermMartian wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Oh man, such harshness. Sad Lafferjm, thanks!

Just Joking, though to be honest, with a bit of texture work and under the right lighting, your face on a horde of zombies would be pretty horrifying. Come to think of it, so would mine after a few months without a shave or shower...
Well technically you could lump "Minecraft' and "FreeBuild" into a "Sandbox Game" category. And I thought that well you know since we do have weapons why not just have things to smash and burn and kill?
Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours