yep, it works fine now, I was able to chat a bit before homework
hell, it lasted longer than Tuesday, no crashes and it is pretty darn fast, good game Kerm! (hmm, I am curious, do you need to specify oblithub to play oblit over gCn, or can you just make it whatever?)
You can use any virtual hub for any purpose. You can play oblit on hub "qrsgffdsvthr" as long as your friends are on the same hub.
KermMartian wrote:
You can use any virtual hub for any purpose. You can play oblit on hub "qrsgffdsvthr" as long as your friends are on the same hub.
But not on hub grsgffdsvthr
ahahaha, that made me lol XD

kk then, that makes sense, oblit on monday, or perhaps during HCWP
Hopefully we can get a nice Oblit game going during HCWP. As far as I can tell, we just need to coordinate everyone being at the menu at the same time. If someone tries to join oblithub (or another Obliterate hub) while a game is in progress, it tends to break the game in progress. I really should do something about that in Obliterate, but we'll deal with what we have for now.
I'll be sure to join half way through in order to break it. Very Happy
graphmastur wrote:
I'll be sure to join half way through in order to break it. Very Happy
Bah to you. If I wanted to be really cool, I could make a piece of adapter software that would keep track of which games were underway and silently segment the virtual hub into different games. Very Happy
Help. I can't get it to work? Do I need to set up a filter for the TI calculator? And how do I navigate in the command prompt to the client.
ACagliano wrote:
Help. I can't get it to work? Do I need to set up a filter for the TI calculator? And how do I navigate in the command prompt to the client.
You have to set up the filter driver. Did you read the readme?
Yes I did. I went to "install a filter", then I selected my calculator from the menu.
ACagliano wrote:
Yes I did. I went to "install a filter", then I selected my calculator from the menu.
OK, and then what happens when you run the gCnClient with your calculator on its homescreen.
I just double clicked on the Client, though. But, the calculator just freezes.
ACagliano wrote:
What do you mean, you double-click on the client? Did you read the readme?
You need to pass command-line arguments to the .exe. Read the readme.
KermMartian wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
What do you mean, you double-click on the client? Did you read the readme?

Yes. I read the readme. It says:

$ gcnclient.exe -d d -n [IRCHub/oblithub/etc] -l [MyLocalHubName]

But, dont u need to first navigate to gcnclient in the command prompt. Then I get told that $ is an unrecognised command.
Just type: gcnclient.exe -d d -n [IRCHub/oblithub/etc] -l [MyLocalHubName]
For instance: gcnclient -d d -n IRCHub -l Tanner++
ok then. a few things to clear up. what about what's inside the brackets? exactly that? and is that a -1 between the two brackets?

Edit: i get it.
That's a -l, not -1. The [] represent arguments that you need to pass.
souvik1997 wrote:
That's a -l, not -1. The [] represent arguments that you need to pass.
You replace [MyLocalHubName] with something like ACagHub.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours