KermMartian wrote:
Apparently their ground and water stays cold a lot longer than the air. I was riding buses and trains through 60F weather on my way up past frozen lakes, for instance.

Climate-wise we're probably not that different than you, but I'd guess the non-ubiquity of asphalt helps us stay cold longer.
elfprince13, exactly. Our snow vanishes pretty fast once the temperature goes above freezing, so I'm not used to snow and ice remaining for any significant time after the wintery weather ceases. Also, our snow gets pretty dirty and slushy pretty fast.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13, exactly. Our snow vanishes pretty fast once the temperature goes above freezing, so I'm not used to snow and ice remaining for any significant time after the wintery weather ceases. Also, our snow gets pretty dirty and slushy pretty fast.

yeah, it makes it sadly un-rompable..

I didnt get to enjoy snow this year D:
Sorry to hear it, Qazz. Sad On a slightly different topic, I'm surprised that no one has asked about the promotions/demotions that are briefly mentioned in the article, nor about the discussions about hte state of the community mentioned in the same.
KermMartian wrote:
Sorry to hear it, Qazz. Sad On a slightly different topic, I'm surprised that no one has asked about the promotions/demotions that are briefly mentioned in the article, nor about the discussions about hte state of the community mentioned in the same.

Well, I did notice it, but I did not want to bring it up, I rather not know who will be demoted Sad

(although, who is promoted? that interests me)
Promotions and demotions interest me as well. Smile
I wanna go on vacation to the USA too Razz

EDIT: w0000t Shaun is wearing shorts on snow Razz
Yeah, Shaun tends to do that. Very Happy By the way, by demotions I don't mean real demotions, but recognition that some of our admins and gmods aren't really active anymore.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, Shaun tends to do that. Very Happy By the way, by demotions I don't mean real demotions, but recognition that some of our admins and gmods aren't really active anymore.

ah, *whew* I feel much better then Very Happy

will there be any sections that need moderators then, after said demotions?
Qazz42, I don't think so at this point. I haven't seen any instances where subforums are out of control beyond the moderation abilities of the current admins, mods, and gmods. If and when such a situation arises, I will reconsider.
KermMartian wrote:
Qazz42, I don't think so at this point. I haven't seen any instances where subforums are out of control beyond the moderation abilities of the current admins, mods, and gmods. If and when such a situation arises, I will reconsider.

Fair enough Smile (old logs make me understand why they were needed in the first place XD)
Yeah, without the great team we have now it was (and still would be) much harder to keep order. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours