This past weekend, three Cemetech staff members got together for a weekend of New England fun. Site administrator Christopher "Kerm Martian" Mitchell rode up on Thursday to Massachusetts to see global moderator and #cemetech op Shaun "Merthsoft" McFall, and on Friday we drove to Vermont to spend three days with administrator Thomas "elfprince13" Dickerson and his girlfriend Courtney. We had a great weekend of sledding, maple syrup making, outdoors fun, and of course extreme geeking out. We put together elfprince's Arduino-based gCn Bridge, worked on Direct USB, had extensive conversations about the current state of the TI enthusiast community and Cemetech, formulated a few new Cemetech policies and discussed possible promotions and demotions, and generally had a great time together. Christopher had previously met all three others when they came to visit him, but this was the first time that all four got together, and possibly the largest gathering of Cemetech members or staff yet. The Candid Photos thread has a few additional photos from the trip. I hope that more Cemetech members and staff can convene in the near future!

From left to right: Courtney, Thomas, Christopher, and Shaun in Vermont
Nice to hear you had a great trip! Smile
Wow this is great!
Lucky people >Sad I wanna go on a vacation trip D:

Perhaps we can one day have an entire trip to france with all of cemetech Razz
It was good times, indeed Smile

qazz: Why France?
We have warm spring weather here in Belgium. Tee-hee.
merthsoft wrote:
It was good times, indeed Smile

qazz: Why France?

France is nice and there is alot of things to see

plus, our underage members can have some Wine
Sounds like a ton of fun.

Wish we could schedule a full Cemetech party (in RL) sometime so I could meet some of you guys.
Only three? Pffftttt.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Only three? Pffftttt.
We're not yet as cool as the ticalc.org staff; four of you got together in Seattle, right? I think that it would be really cool if we could have some sort of Cemetech get-together in New York City, since I think it's fairly central to many members. Perhaps one summer, like this one? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Only three? Pffftttt.
We're not yet as cool as the ticalc.org staff; four of you got together in Seattle, right? I think that it would be really cool if we could have some sort of Cemetech get-together in New York City, since I think it's fairly central to many members. Perhaps one summer, like this one? Smile

Yeah, it would be hard for many members to meet up like that. I wish I could, though.
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Only three? Pffftttt.

Oh yeah, count me in

Darn, Will need 'rent's approval tho `-`
Not to be discriminatory, but perhaps we should limit it to our adult members and staff to avoid possible weirdness? Smile
Looks like y'all had a lot of fun. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Not to be discriminatory, but perhaps we should limit it to our adult members and staff to avoid possible weirdness? Smile
I think this is a good idea.
KermMartian wrote:

fine, but If I see you in the streets during our monthly trips to the city, I will say hi Razz
KermMartian wrote:
maple syrup making
Were waffles/pancakes/french toast had during this trip? Evil or Very Mad
We had waffles at my house, and then pancakes at elfprince's.
souvik1997 wrote:
Looks like y'all had a lot of fun. Smile

Woo! The south!

Umm, I mean... Awesome Merth, Kerm, Elfprince, and the lovely Elfprincess Wink It sounds like it was great fun! I would love to get to meet some of you all, but I can certainly see where the weirdness would come in x.x Maybe at some time Smile
When I go back to Maine (or perhaps comeback from it) I'll have to have a longer layover at JFK for some NY adventure.

We should definitely set a point about two years out for a Cemetech Meet-up, give those of us who need time to save to save enough funds.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours