I'm trying to set up Apache on my laptop, and I opened port 80 in my router to access it from a public IP. However, I can't seem to load any web pages from my server, but I can ping it. :/
Try opening localhost in a web browser on your laptop, if that works then the port must not be forwarded properly, or your ISP block it.
Going to localhost works, and so does my private IP (192.168.1.72) when I'm accessing it from my other computer. I tried this about a year ago, and my ISP didn't block the port.
Ensure that public access is enabled in your firewall, too.

Also note that some routers will not forward ports when accessed from within the network. What's your public IP address?
souvik1997 wrote:
Going to localhost works, and so does my private IP (192.168.1.72) when I'm accessing it from my other computer. I tried this about a year ago, and my ISP didn't block the port.

The ISP may have blocked it then, I had the same problem when i set mine up. I had to use a different port. But Make sure the ports are open/ forwarded like mentioned earlier, if they are, then your ISP is probably blocking it.
Are you sure that you have the port forwarding configured properly, as per the other posts earlier in the thread?
Yes, I do have port forwarding set up correctly, the problem is that it doesn't work. :/
Did you use XAMPP or some other preconfigured package? Many of those by default set config rules in the configuration files to limit access to localhost or LAN IP addresses so you may need to edit your configuration.
Use port 8080. Problem solved.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours