JoeYoung wrote:

Kerm might be debating as a driving force for Cemetech, but seeing his stance as a hobbyist and his clear bias against TI, as well as his complete disregard for the Nspire as a tool for education rather than general development, he fails to impress or convince anyone.

Just how are relationships with Omnimaga forums going today, hmm?

Pretty well, aside from this totally off-topic thread about an incident which has already been resolved on Omnimaga.

Anyway, I'd just like to point out that someone with a "clear bias against TI" wouldn't exactly be the type of person who would be expected to have 20+ calculators manufactured by them, n'est-ce pas? If he were biased towards Casio, Cemetech would probably have had a Casio discussion board added sometime in the decade before it was actually added.
Thanks Qwerty; that's exactly right. I've been a strong defender and proponent for TI for over a decade; it's taken a lot to turn me againts them.
JoeYoung wrote:
0rac343 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I strongly disagree that no one in these communities is capable of those kinds of arguments, but I would agree that many are not and need to be restrained from overreacting.

I challenge you to give me a single solid example of a user who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to demonstrate his distinction for debate, preferably for the forces of good.
I know this "challenge" is more towards Kerm, but he himself is a good example.

Owned.

Really? Reading through, Kerm completely and ultimately failed in his endeavor. No offense bud. Here's a quote or two:

Quote:
I don't think anyone can speak for what ti does or does not want. That's part of the problem, facts are mixed with opinions and lots of assumptions.

Quote:
I like the Nspire because it's an effective tool in my math classes.
for anything beyond trivial intro to programming concepts, there are
better, non-handheld tools on the market.

Kerm might be debating as a driving force for Cemetech, but seeing his stance as a hobbyist and his clear bias against TI, as well as his complete disregard for the Nspire as a tool for education rather than general development, he fails to impress or convince anyone.

Just how are relationships with Omnimaga forums going today, hmm?

A wild Troll! get the net!!!

Anyways, yeah my approach wasn't really a good one, but I'll use the excuse that they were just getting on my nerve for the last time and I exploded Razz My bad.

I love how I posted this and forgot about it -- I just read through them all. Times I be called stupid >50 Razz
An epic necropost has fired across your bow! Wink Ashbad, you were mentioning something about TI disowning TI-Nspire OS v3.0; can you tell us more about that? Or even better, would you mind post a topic about it for our discussion? If you could also mention some of the key points and flaws of 3.0, that would be equally appreciated, because no one has really done so yet.
An idea occurs. Could TI release a separate OS for programmers that unlocks all it's features? It could have a very obvious splash screen differentiating it from the education OS, and only the education OS would need to be accepted by teachers and schools if they want that strict control over their calcs and the calcs used by students.
DShiznit, I think that that's a very very reasonable idea, and it has indeed been suggested several times before if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, I think that it's highly unlikely that TI would ever do something like that, for various reasons including the man-hours it would take to make such a version (and recent releases show that their coding quality is going swiftly downhill anyway), the increased development time due to branching and source fragmentation, and most importantly, the fact that they have more or less disowned third-party developers.
Why not outsource production of this separate OS to some of the programmers who would use it? Just make them sign a few non-disclosure agreements and your source code is safe.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours