Lionel: They *have* to allow .exes to run any software at all, but they block cmd.exe to prevent you "hacking" around their restrictions.

aeTIos wrote:
I have a question: might you make the connecter just an exe prog? I cant run batch files @ school

thanks in advance!

Try writing a VB script instead. Those are rarely blocked.
qazz42 wrote:
Lionel Debroux wrote:
And if your school allows you to run EXEs but not BATs, it's retarded.

Luckly for me, they do not let you install stuff, but you can run .exe and .bat

Which, of course, lets you play AoE II and UT2k4 at school Very Happy
In other words, you can't run .exe's that require administrative permissions? In that case, you won't be able to use the filter driver, so it won't work.
_player1537 wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Lionel Debroux wrote:
And if your school allows you to run EXEs but not BATs, it's retarded.

Luckly for me, they do not let you install stuff, but you can run .exe and .bat

Which, of course, lets you play AoE II and UT2k4 at school Very Happy

yeeah, but UT does not fit on my flash drive.. I blame the various mods and stuff I installed on it >.>
I cannot use the command prompt at school :\
So I cannot use the client :\ :\
Hmm, if you have windows XP on those comps, use command.com

that will work (does for me `-`)
dont understand, is that a link or so?
aeTIos wrote:
I cannot use the command prompt at school :\
So I cannot use the client :\ :\
I'll be working on a GUI client once we actually have it working fully, so you'll be able to use that. However, if you don't have admin privileges, you won't be able to install the filter drivers, so it won't work anyway.
I have admin privileges afaik
aeTIos wrote:
dont understand, is that a link or so?

make a .bat with just command.com in it, that is the command to make a cmd come up. WOrked for me everytime
Command.com is not a website, it's an executable file like command.exe. At any rate, in between some solid talk about life and stuff on the way home from Vermont to Boston yesterday, Shaun and I tossed around a couple of ideas to track down and solve the current problems with Direct USB, so I'll be doing some experimentation with it early this week based on our talk.
*bump* DUSB progress. I found a spot where ei was getting executed potentially before an im 1 instruction, which could cause the Cn2.2 interrupt to execute itself to disastrous results in some circumstances. I corrected this and tested it out on my calculator, but still a freeze after a while running Chat. The last frame that successfully got through was a 46-byte outgoing directed frame towards the calculator. On the next incoming frame from the server, another directed frame of size 71 bytes, it reported a usb_bulk_write (_usb_reap_async) error, and was unable to send anything else. My calculator seemed totally frozen until I pulled the USB cable and was able to hit clear. My theory: got stuck in the ei \ halt?
Possibly. Check if the input pipe is stalled.
graphmastur wrote:
On the calculator side or the PC side?
KermMartian wrote:
graphmastur wrote:
On the calculator side or the PC side?

Well, if you think the calc is being halted, and the computer is sending that error, I would do it from the host checking the pipe of the calc. Actually, I think that's the only way to do it.
I believe you're correct; the other way to check it calc-side would be to do a finite loop until an interrupt occurred, though, instead of halting. At any rate, it seems happy so far; close to 37 minutes of constant Chat functionality and counting.
Technically, it is possible to connect a 83+ in direct USB (with basic cable) ?
kindermoumoute wrote:
Technically, it is possible to connect a 83+ in direct USB (with basic cable) ?
With the SilverLink? No. You can use the Arduino or the USBHID bridges that connect to the I/O port of the TI-83+, though.
But arduino is difficult to use. :/
kindermoumoute wrote:
But arduino is difficult to use. :/
The Arduino option is actually the second-easiest after Direct USB, albeit the more expensive option. Building your own USBHID bridge is by far the most difficult option.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours