KermMartian wrote:
It's closer than around the corner; I was actually chatting on #cemetech last night, but the USB receive code still has some buginess. Sonlen is nagging me enough on Skype that I'll try to get something done by tonight in between all the other things that I'm working on. Wink

Glad I can add some inspiration to working on this. XD
I was nagged by _player to finish C6M and I finished it in a day Very Happy.

Naggers, ahoy!
Remember that I can help test this. Wink In fact, I'd be over-joyed to. (And see your USB code)
Dammit all to hell, you naggers. Anyway, Merth is a cool guy, because he played with clipping packets at 64 bytes, and not doing so, and found that it was more or less totally stable with single-piece virtual packets. That narrows down what I need to look for!
KermMartian wrote:
Dammit all to hell, you naggers. Anyway, Merth is a cool guy, because he played with clipping packets at 64 bytes, and not doing so, and found that it was more or less totally stable with single-piece virtual packets. That narrows down what I need to look for!

Now for one of my few pointless posts.

Nagnagnagnag get going Kerm woooo!! :p
Well, it's 2am, in ten hours I need to be boarding a bus to go visit Shaun, and I'm testing DUSBgCn. I tried adding a second interrupt call right after hitting port $8B, but sadly, no luck. I'll try a few more random things before I go to sleep and see what happens, but I'll probably wait until tomorrow to do more work on this, because I am exhausted.
Aww KermM. Sad I hope you can figure this out. Smile
Good night Kerm, you deserve it Wink
Thanks, Souvik. Smile The normal, non-interrupty code that is nearly identical to mine apparently works flawlessly, so I just need to figure out what extra things I'm doing that's making the OS or the USB assist so unhappy. Lionel, many thanks. :0
I am wondering: is it possible to do wireless with some system board/ soldering ? that would be sooo awesome
aeTIos wrote:
I am wondering: is it possible to do wireless with some system board/ soldering ? that would be sooo awesome
It's certainly not impossible; I have a few various pieces among my component collection that I hope to use to mock up a system at some point, but no guarantees how long it will take me.
Kerm, will the PC-side client be able to be run by clicking on it? I ask this because there are some programs that you cannot click on. You must use the console/terminal to navigate to them, and then use the run or exec command. While I may not have an issue with this, some other less tech-savy users may object if they have to use the command prompt to run the program.
A batch file / script can turn a program that needs some arguments into something that can be run directly Smile
o.O Gimme Gimme!
KermMartian wrote:
Sorunome wrote:
whoops, srry. I could also test it if you wan't but as I'm not a programmer (exept Ti-Basic) I couldn't help debugging.
No problem, you could certainly help with debugging as far as testing out Chat, Obliterate, and other CALCnet 2.2 games over gCn with the Direct USB link. Smile
Ok, when will there be a beta download?
When it's ready. We'll probably do some work tonight.
Ok, cool!
ACagliano, the user will have to create (or even easier, edit) a batch script. It will require a tiny bit of effort, but hopefully anyone attempting something like this will at least have the maturity to be able to do that. For the people anxious for us to get something working as soon as possible, I did some work to refactor the USB receive code to work nearly identically to the reference code from BrandonW and Shaun that works very nicely. My calculator is in my duffle bag, though, and I'm on the train enjoying wifi on my netbook, so as Shaun says, it will be this evening before we get to do testing and a potential release.
It seems to me that packets over 64bytes are failing to sent fully to the calc and thus we see a timeout PC side.
Right about here is where my calc locked up and the gcnclient started freaking out PC side. It may have been due to me using an older build of the client, I'm not sure if you made changes since we worked on it.
Quote:

Received message of length 90 from server.
usb_bulk_write (Connection timed out).
Error: Failed to send Direct USB frame
usb_bulk_read -110 (Connection timed out).
Received message of length 188 from server.
usb_bulk_read -110 (Connection timed out).
Received message of length 379 from server.

Here is a link to the full log.
http://jonimoose.net/calcstuff/gcnclient.log

On a side note I think I will have to add some conditionals to mine so it doesn't print on read timeouts since those will be constantly occurring.

EDIT: Kerm, use ret != -ETIMEDOUT in place of your constant because on Linux it is not 116 but 110, 116 is stale NFS handle Razz

Also so far it has been much more stable with only irc and me online, nice work.
you all are a source of never-ending bliss that brightens my day. thank you for being so wonderful Kerm, shaun, jonimus, and anyone else who is involved in this project ^_^

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours