I can not wait to send some footage for this topic. I think everyone will be anticipating the release of this game after seeing some good screen shots so I will continue to work on creating this program and I can not wait to share it with you. I would like take tifreak8x uo on that offer in another 2 weeks or so if it is still on the table then and let him be the first to play.Smile I will be doing a little more programming (more time) after April so I should be able to finish it hopefully by the end of May.
Sure thing! I just have to make sure I have my copy of Wabbit up and running somewhere. :p I know I have at least 5 copies floating around on my external drive, and a couple more sitting on flash drives, somewhere. Just let me know.
Wow, i just saw this topic and the game looks awsome! can't wait for a beta-release! Smile
I have access to several TI-83+ calcs from my school if you want additional real hardware testing.
Thank you all very much for your support with this project. I will let you know when I finish getting this programmed for demonstration. I will look into making this a multiplayer game DShiznit if that is what you are referring to. I do not have a second calc so it might be difficult to determine errors though. I would like to test the speed on an 83+ and the 84+ to see the difference in the quality it provides. tifreak8x, I will give you as much time to do this as you need. I don't expect you to drop everything for me so I will let you know and you can do this when or if you have the time. Thanks again.
Actually I was reffering to testing single player on multiple instances of real hardware, to determine if a bug is from the calc or the program, but I have a link cable too if you want me to try multiplayer.
DShiznit wrote:
Actually I was reffering to testing single player on multiple instances of real hardware, to determine if a bug is from the calc or the program, but I have a link cable too if you want me to try multiplayer.

Thank you for clarifying that. I have not attempted any multiplayer games, but I might be willing to do this if the demand is high after release. It is all in basic, so any bugs would probably exist in improper loops, resulting in memory errors. I'm good at that. If it works why fix it. Just kidding, I'd be happy to get some feedback on the results. I'll keep everyone posted.
Well, doing screenshots is quite easy, so it would be no trouble at all. I am eager to see how far along this progresses. =)
I have been playing with ideas and thinking of functions I could add to the game. As I started to transfer everything into pixels I realized how easy it would be to add some really cool stuff. For one, the characters can turn back and forth depending on what side of the opponent they are on easily. It is possible to add characters and moves without a lot of extra memory. This is going to be amazing for basic. I am still playing with pixels at the moment. But wow the possibilities look very good. I have some more character motions to draw like jump, drop kick, and so on. I'm getting excited. Very Happy
will this work on a TI-84+SE
DShiznit wrote:
You can use an emulator such as PindurTI to test the game; it allows linking of up to four calculators, and I indeed use it for much of my early testing for CALCnet games and programs before I try them out on real hardware calculators.
madmax2069 this game will work on the 83+, 84+, 84+SE
KermMartian I will check that out. I keep downloading emulators and such but I always get a win 32 error or something of that sort. I will try it and see how it works. Thanks a lot KermMartian.
basicman wrote:
madmax2069 this game will work on the 83+, 84+, 84+SE
KermMartian I will check that out. I keep downloading emulators and such but I always get a win 32 error or something of that sort. I will try it and see how it works. Thanks a lot KermMartian.
My pleasure. Smile What operating system are you running? Windows XP? Windows 2000?
KermMartian wrote:
My pleasure. Smile What operating system are you running? Windows XP? Windows 2000?

I am running on Windows XP service pack 3. No error trying to run this one. Thanks again.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours