I just found out Kerm is really tall and was wondering about everybody else.

I measure 171cm. How about you?
I'm 194.94cm, or 6' 4.75", depending on your preferred system of measurements.
175.2 cm or 6'9
1 meter.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm 194.94cm, or 6' 4.75", depending on your preferred system of measurements.

How precise! 194.94cm, how you know it's .94? Razz

195cm Razz
Well, I just did a straight conversion from my imperial height to my metric height. Smile I'm sure my shoes and daily spine compression/expansion are about a centimeter of variation. Smile Fun fact: if you measure yourself at the end of the day, you're about 0.25" shorter than at the beginning of the day.
KermMartian wrote:
Well, I just did a straight conversion from my imperial height to my metric height. Smile I'm sure my shoes and daily spine compression/expansion are about a centimeter of variation. Smile Fun fact: if you measure yourself at the end of the day, you're about 0.25" shorter than at the beginning of the day.

The fact... Hum, I wonder why.
I'm fairly sure it's because your spine compresses slowly while you stand and sit, and expands again while you sleep.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm fairly sure it's because your spin compresses slowly while you stand and sit, and expands again while you sleep.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks Razz
I am 5'5, I think

have not been measured in a while
I'm 5'6''
I'm a shortarse, comparatively; 176cm, which is apparently 5'10" in old money.
6' 2"
6' for me. Dad was 6' 4' Brother is 6' also. I am projected to be at least a little taller.
ParkerR, nice, keep up the growth spurts, then. Very Happy
benryves wrote:
I'm a shortarse, comparatively; 176cm, which is apparently 5'10" in old money.
176cm is 5'9", which is shorter than the average of 5'10" (177.8cm), which is how tall I am. Don't worry, Ben Ryves, Kerm towers over both of us Smile
pretty tall...
That's not bad; still over six feet! I think once we get a lot of posts in this topic we need some kind of chart. I think we should compare the average height to the general average height, because I've always been under the impression that smart people tend to be taller (on average) based on various samples.
KermMartian wrote:
I've always been under the impression that smart people tend to be taller (on average) based on various samples.
Hmm, I never really thought of it, but that does seems right. To be fair, though, you seem to be judging your idea of "smart" based on "active on Cemetech" Wink
merthsoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I've always been under the impression that smart people tend to be taller (on average) based on various samples.
Hmm, I never really thought of it, but that does seems right. To be fair, though, you seem to be judging your idea of "smart" based on "active on Cemetech" Wink
I'm not just looking at Cemetech, hence "various samples"; I'm also talking about my classmates at various schools. However, I do consider the average Cemetech member much smarter than the average internet user, and on average smarter than the average coder (with some exceptions that shall remain nameless), which may be unfair.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours