I have ported the classic TI-84 PuzzPack game "Pegs" to the CE. This is my first game written in C.

Features:
- 15 original levels
- Game save
- Level editor
- Themes: Color, Monochrome and Dark

Level Editor:

Themes: Monochrome and Dark

Download: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1468
Oh awesome, this looks pretty nice Smile I know that it is a little late, but the new SDK and libraries should make custom level editing a bit easier. The graphics functions' names have been changed, as the graphc library is being phased out be the graphx library, but it is definitely worth the move to the new simpler functions Anywho, great job. Very Happy
Very nice job, and I'm glad you're still doing calculator stuff. Smile
Wow nice! I like the graphics at the bottom side! Smile
Keep up the good doing!
Hey, awesome job on this! Props for porting puzzpack Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Oh awesome, this looks pretty nice Smile I know that it is a little late, but the new SDK and libraries should make custom level editing a bit easier. The graphics functions' names have been changed, as the graphc library is being phased out be the graphx library, but it is definitely worth the move to the new simpler functions Anywho, great job. Very Happy

Thanks. I'm using TI Planet's C Project Builder to compile this program. I'll update the game with the new library when graphx it is added to the PB.
ohernandez wrote:
I'm using TI Planet's C Project Builder to compile this program. I'll update the game with the new library when graphx it is added to the PB.

Hopefully very soon \o/ (I'm a little busy, but I've seen worse...)
(Mateo recently updated everything, so I'll have to try the new things)

Nice looking game, by the way Smile
Reminds me of critor's Billybox/Sokoban (however doesn't use libs)

(Since I'm here, don't hesitate giving me feedback on the PB, things you'd like improved, added, etc.)
This is a great game! I've never played pegs before. This has good graphics and great speed.

First bug report: When ever you press 2nd or alpha, it displays it, in half-resolution mode, on the screen.
Adriweb wrote:
ohernandez wrote:
I'm using TI Planet's C Project Builder to compile this program. I'll update the game with the new library when graphx it is added to the PB.

That's done now (well, since yesterday) - it's all updated to the latest versions of things Smile
Congratulations on porting this, ohernandez! It looks great in C on the new platform. By the way, I'm glad you're finding the community tools for C programming useful; mad props to Mateo for making them possible. I'm glad to hear that ProjectBuilder supports graphx now; I had been waiting to upgrade SourceCoder 3's underlying C SDK (did you know that SourceCoder supports TI-84+CE C programming?) until the current SDK stabilized a bit. Mateo (if you happen to read this), do you consider it fairly stable now with the newest changes?
Yep, everything should be good now Smile It's just a single folder now; just the toolchain installation.
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
This is a great game! I've never played pegs before. This has good graphics and great speed.

First bug report: When ever you press 2nd or alpha, it displays it, in half-resolution mode, on the screen.

Have you installed the latest C libraries onto your calculator?

Adriweb wrote:
Adriweb wrote:
ohernandez wrote:

That's done now (well, since yesterday) - it's all updated to the latest versions of things Smile

Awesome! Thanks for adding the latest version Very Happy
The way the new graphics library (graphx) works is pretty much exactly like the old one, except the functions have different names which make them easier to use, in addition to more optimization and greater functionality. For examples, gc_InitGraph() changed to gfx_Begin(), gc_CloseGraph() to gfx_End(), and gc_SetColorIndex() to gfx_SetColor() for instance. Translation should be a find and replace for the function names almost; there are a few that are a tad different. In addition, there is gfx_Triangle(), which looks like it could be useful for this game Smile

Also, looking through your code I note that you store each map as an int array. If you use the type uint8_t rather than int, you will save *a ton* of space, as an int is 3x larger than a uint8_t. Also, you do not have to have all of your variables be globals like that, in fact it is preferred if you place your variables inside of your functions. Not only is this a safer coding practice because of scoping, but it also is a nice speed optimization that will improve your code flow. Anywho, keep up the great work!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Yep, everything should be good now Smile It's just a single folder now; just the toolchain installation.
Just to clarify (and sorry to derail your topic, ohernandez): does that mean that the libraries release v4.2 doesn't go with the toolchain v4.7, which already includes libraries?
KermMartian wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Just to clarify (and sorry to derail your topic, ohernandez): does that mean that the libraries release v4.2 doesn't go with the toolchain v4.7, which already includes libraries?

You just need to download the 4.7 toolchain Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The way the new graphics library (graphx) works is pretty much exactly like the old one, except the functions have different names which make them easier to use, in addition to more optimization and greater functionality. For examples, gc_InitGraph() changed to gfx_Begin(), gc_CloseGraph() to gfx_End(), and gc_SetColorIndex() to gfx_SetColor() for instance. Translation should be a find and replace for the function names almost; there are a few that are a tad different. In addition, there is gfx_Triangle(), which looks like it could be useful for this game Smile

Pegs now uses the graphx library! I have applied the changes you suggested. Thanks for your help. Smile

I have also added a custom level editor.
See, this just shows you how colossally easier C support makes programming. Excellent work.
Added Monochrome and Dark themes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours