hmmm, you know, it is funny, the other times I told you about the undocumented instruction (except the nSpire power down bug) it was ALWAYS sll Very Happy (isnt sll used for division?)
qazz42 wrote:
hmmm, you know, it is funny, the other times I told you about the undocumented instruction (except the nSpire power down bug) it was ALWAYS sll Very Happy (isnt sll used for division?)
The problem here was that the division routine I was using, which I had written for mobileTunes, I copied from an old copy of mobileTunes, and it had the mnemonic slia instead of sll.
Oooh, a beta! Very Happy I'll test it and post bug reports. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
The problem here was that the division routine I was using, which I had written for mobileTunes, I copied from an old copy of mobileTunes, and it had the mnemonic slia instead of sll.

Yeah, I just remember it had to do with division Smile [/ignorant] aywho, looking forward to finding my calc

I should bully my friend into changing his calc's batteries, he really needs to ><
souvik1997 wrote:
Oooh, a beta! Very Happy I'll test it and post bug reports. Smile
Thanks Souvik, much obliged. Smile I look forward to your reports. I'll shortly update this release for DJ_O, Qazz, and the other Nspire users with a version that removes the annoying slia instruction.
The health bars seem to look broken.
https://img.ourl.ca/rfg/TilEm_008.png
souvik1997 wrote:
The health bars seem to look broken.
https://img.ourl.ca/rfg/TilEm_008.png
That is correct rendering; that's so you can see where the endpoints of the bar are. Two problems Merth and I found:

1) AI names get suffixed with random chars
2) Twice Merth stopped following the game, ie, it froze, but in a [CLEAR]-escapable way.
KermMartian wrote:
Sorunome wrote:
Without cable, don't have one yet. And srry coz of posts, edited now, but i can't deleat post 2 and 3! :S
No, I mean, if you set the minimum number of players to 1, does the game crash again?
Yeah, if i set minimum to 1 and then start game i have to take batterys out, not even [ON] works... And i found anouther bug: i played it today with 8 pc enimys, 6 were already dead, one shooted and it said i won...but that can't be, coz 3 tanks were remaining on the screen! :S
I've sorta seen that bug, but it only appeared for me when two AI tanks were fighting at the end of the game, so I thought it might have been a mistake. I'll see if I can track that one down.

Regarding the 1-player problem, I added two fixes. First, I added a check so that the game will not start if only one player, including AIs, is ingame. Second, I changed the parameters for the numerical input box to allow only values between 2 and 8, not 1 and 8.
Wooooot, I turns out some little douche took my calculator and placed it in a friends bag, my friend will bring it to my Wednesday. shall be testing ASAP when he gives it back Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Wooooot, I turns out some little douche took my calculator and placed it in a friends bag, my friend will bring it to my Wednesday. shall be testing ASAP when he gives it back Very Happy
Dammit, that's not fun at all. Sad I continue to look forward to your results.
I spent all morning losing to the AI's. They are well programmed. Great job.
ACagliano wrote:
I spent all morning losing to the AI's. They are well programmed. Great job.
Thanks! Was the difficulty slider not enough to weaken them? Would you prefer there be a way to make them easier, or are you happy with them as-is?
I think most would say they like the challenge. I definitely did. I have the difficulty up pretty high, though.
ACagliano wrote:
I think most would say they like the challenge. I definitely did. I have the difficulty up pretty high, though.
Awesome, that's great to hear. So far I just know about the following bugs that haven't been solved yet, then:

1) AI names get suffixed with random chars
2) Twice Merth stopped following the game, ie, it froze, but in a [CLEAR]-escapable way.
Congrats on getting this, and all the other projects I've missed done! The game looks great, and I think I'm going to try and build a bridge once I can get out to pick up the supplies.

So, what's next on your epic-calc-todo-list? I think you've accomplished so much, topping it would be quite a feat.
MT3 fixing, and then making this (gCn) work with only a USB cable I do beleive.

you should stop by more often ;.;
qazz42 wrote:

Will do. I'm making it a point to stop by at least once a week. Sorry I ever left, I forgot the sense of community here!
Why did you leave in the first place? I am merely curious if we offended you or something... Sad
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Will do. I'm making it a point to stop by at least once a week. Sorry I ever left, I forgot the sense of community here!
Glad you appreciate the sense of community, and we did indeed miss you. Sad As Qazz said, the next big thing on my to-do list (other than debugging and releasing this) is direct USB gCn.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours