Sometimes, when the projectile is above the limit of the screen and goes past the right edge of the screen, part of the arrow that follows the bullet gets displayed on the left side of the screen.
souvik1997 wrote:
Sometimes, when the projectile is above the limit of the screen and goes past the right edge of the screen, part of the arrow that follows the bullet gets displayed on the left side of the screen.
Yeah, I don't have clipping. If you look carefully, you'll notice that sometimes the arrow goes off the left side and momentarily appears in the middle (at 255 mod 96). I suppose I should do something about that?
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
Yeah, I don't have clipping. If you look carefully, you'll notice that sometimes the arrow goes off the left side and momentarily appears in the middle (at 255 mod 96). I suppose I should do something about that?

Yes, you should. Smile
The routine in general, or your code, Kerm?
_player1537 wrote:
The routine in general, or your code, Kerm?
I don't think I follow your question. Smile The easy solution would be to just not display the arrow when any part of it might potentially be offscreen. The hard solution would actual clipping.
I think you should implement your first idea.
souvik1997 wrote:
I think you should implement your first idea.
Thanks, that's what I'll do, then. Smile If the x coordinate of the five-pixel wide sprite has its high bit set, or is greater than 91, I shall not display the arrow.

Edit: done. Smile
Hmmm, no problems yet, I should play more when I am in school >Very Happy
Could you make it so that CLEAR always quits, regardless of whether it's the players turn? I don't like waiting for the game to end when I lose to more than one AI. Also, the AIs are really easy to beat, even at the maximum difficulty.
souvik1997 wrote:
Could you make it so that CLEAR always quits, regardless of whether it's the players turn? I don't like waiting for the game to end when I lose to more than one AI. Also, the AIs are really easy to beat, even at the maximum difficulty.
[Clear] will indeed quit when the AIs are thinking, I just don't think I made it work while the projectile is in its parabola. Is that what you wanted? And regarding the difficulty, I heard the opposite from Qazz and 0rac343. Sadly, I worked very, very hard to get the AI as smart as it is now; you can't imagine the nine days of painful juggling of bit precision that I did. I don't think I'll be modifying the AI too much.
Yes, that is exactly what I wanted.
souvik1997 wrote:
Yes, that is exactly what I wanted.
Excellent, I can do that easily, and indeed now I have. Smile That still leaves me those two bugs from Merth to fix.
Ok, all of today I have been play it on all different levels. I must say, good job, it is perfect. The difficulties are correct (a difficulty of one places you against tards, while a difficulty of 5 is basically screaming "rape me tanks") Overall, with no bugs or crashes as a bonus, I give this a 9001/9000 Very Happy

(btw, I <3 aiming and angles, it is just smooth and just what I want from a game) did not test real person vs real person though...
ERROR! Found some bugs.

1) Sometimes, if you shoot, the tank shoots itself. It tries to shot, but it blows up in its face.
2) One time (I couldn't replicate it) the tank shot and almost hit me, but it hit the ground (no earth beneath it) didn't explode, and said I won.
3) Sometimes when a bomb hits the side of the wall, and explodes near the tank (like right at the wall/ground) it isn't a fully filled circle thing. It's got spots missing.
4) Is it's tank cannon supposed to move, as sometimes it doesn't, or it looks all the way down and is shooting up.

This is all against an AI, btw. level 3 difficulty. (whatever the default is)
Qazz42: I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed it!

Graphmastur:
1) The AI or the player?
2) This is related to the bug that Merth reported
3) That's a known issue with the circle-drawing routine. Not much I can do about that, sadly
4) I don't follow, can you elaborate?
Every time I try to start a single-player game on my TI-83+ the calc freezes and I have to pull the battery.
DShiznit wrote:
Every time I try to start a single-player game on my TI-83+ the calc freezes and I have to pull the battery.
That was documented earlier in the thread. Don't set the minimum players to one, set it to two or more (so you get one or more AI). I have already fixed that, but I didn't update the released version with the fix. One player would just be you sitting by yourself with no AIs anyway. Smile
OHHHHH ok. I thought I was doing something wrong.

EDIT- just tried it, lots of fun. I can't wait to play with friends on the school's calcs.
DShiznit wrote:
OHHHHH ok. I thought I was doing something wrong.
Well, you were in a way, you thought 1 minimum player == single-player mode. Smile Other than that though, I forgot to add one check.
KermMartian wrote:
Qazz42: I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed it!

Graphmastur:
1) The AI or the player?
2) This is related to the bug that Merth reported
3) That's a known issue with the circle-drawing routine. Not much I can do about that, sadly
4) I don't follow, can you elaborate?

1) AI
4) You know how when players aim, the little tank cannon moves. For AI, it doesn't always move even if it shoots straight up and the cannon is all the way at 180 degrees.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours