wow, thats AWSOME!can't wait till it is finished!
Nice work, it's fun watching them shoot each other!
Thanks Sorunome, Merthsoft! I too can't wait to finish this, not the least of which is getting started on Direct USB.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* I can has partial success burger? I suspect they're just using the wrong delta-Y now.

niice, they look really intelligent. Is there some way to tell your tank apart from the opponents?
Well, you're the one with an arrow over it when you're presented with the aiming screen. I like the idea of a different tank sprite for your calculator, though. Would other people want that?
I would! Also, think of the n00bs who would look at this, without reading a readme and say "Herp derp, what tank am I?"
qazz42 wrote:
I would! Also, think of the n00bs who would look at this, without reading a readme and say "Herp derp, what tank am I?"
Any idea what you want the tank to look like? How about solid black for the player?
I like the idea of making your tank a different color. Also, add some random variation to the AI (with a scaling factor to choose between beginner/easy/medium/hard/expert/brutal).
elfprince13 wrote:
I like the idea of making your tank a different color. Also, add some random variation to the AI (with a scaling factor to choose between beginner/easy/medium/hard/expert/brutal).
Already has it. Smile Notice the difficulty spinner at the beginning.
ah, very nice.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Any idea what you want the tank to look like? How about solid black for the player?

actually, how about the enemies get to be entirely black, while you are black and white (no, that is not intended as a racist comment Razz)
So I hear two possibilities here. Would anyone like to second either or provide a third option?
if you did 4-level grayscale you could have each tank be outlined black with a different color interior, giving you up to 4 players.
I like the idea of your tank being solid black.
DShiznit, a good idea, but sadly at this point Cn2.2 precludes grayscale, since both require an interrupt. Merthsoft, so that's two votes for the player's tank to be black, and one for everyone except the player's tank to be black.
Could you not just as easily make it the player's choice?

EDIT- my concern with making any tanks completely black is that they'd blend in with the terrain...
DShiznit wrote:
Could you not just as easily make it the player's choice?

EDIT- my concern with making any tanks completely black is that they'd blend in with the terrain...
Yeah, that was my concern as well, good point. Can you think of any alternatives?
I vote for the player's tank to be white.
Different hollow tank sprites sounds like the best solution to me.
greyscale player tank and black/white enemies?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours