I'm happy to note that globalCALCnet has been mentioned on Slashdot, following up on Slashdot's article about CALCnet and Doors CS in mid-December. Hackaday has kindly picked up the topic as well, following up on their own CALCnet article. It's always great for Cemetech and my projects to get a bit of publicity, and I hope that some of our visitors who come to check out the project enjoy the other things we've been working on.

In other news, Obliterate v1.0 is nearly complete. Last night I added the capability for AIs, yesterday saw successful testing of wind to raise the difficulty level a bit, and if I manage to get the AIs aiming properly this afternoon, I'll have a beta version released this evening. For the edification of our usual suspects as well as the Slashdot and Hackaday crowd, here's a screenshot from a very recent build. Please feel free to post with your thoughts and comments!

Nice job Kerm Very Happy

I love how one parson hates you 'cause they read the article and just saw "CALCULATOR INTERNETS ARE MADE"

(I made a comment, woo!)
Ohhh, you were the Anonymous Coward. Very Happy Thanks for the shout-out, Qazz. Every time I've been on Slashdot there have been people supporting the idea and others declaiming it; I think that's just how things work.
huh? oh, I didnt know I could write with my username!

and you are welcome, it saddens me that these people could not comprehend what is meant by gCn. BTW, try not to get sued XD
qazz42 wrote:
huh? oh, I didnt know I could write with my username!

and you are welcome, it saddens me that these people could not comprehend what is meant by gCn. BTW, try not to get sued XD
Sued for what? I'm not doing anything suable with globalCALCnet. Shock
Ah you did not see the angry bird comment XD too funny what people with anonomitity will say
qazz42 wrote:
Ah you did not see the angry bird comment XD too funny what people with anonomitity will say
Well, I think that that particular user didn't understand that Angry Birds is not the first game ever to use projectile motion as a game concept. Wink
I know Razz I just find it funny how he thinks that Very Happy

hell, the territory war people could sue you if that guy was speaking the truth. On topic, good job Kerm, hopefully you will get some reasonable people to see what a awesome genius you are
qazz42 wrote:
I know Razz I just find it funny how he thinks that Very Happy

hell, the territory war people could sue you if that guy was speaking the truth. On topic, good job Kerm, hopefully you will get some reasonable people to see what a awesome genius you are
Do you know how many different Scorched Earth clones there have been over the years, and for how many different platforms? Razz I'm fairly sure the idea is effectively public domain at this point.
I do actually, but I never really played many of them :/ "tanks" is the only oe that comes to mind
Congratulations on the Slashdot/Hackaday articles!
souvik1997 wrote:
Congratulations on the Slashdot/Hackaday articles!
Thanks very much, Souvik! I appreciate it. Smile
W00t w00t. The HP trolls on /. need to be regularly beaten with sticks.
elfprince13 wrote:
W00t w00t. The HP trolls on /. need to be regularly beaten with sticks.
Most heartily agreed. Tsk tsk to them for their trollish ways. Sad
I just berated a /.ers for not RTFAing to learn that this isn't a TCP implementation. Also, fixed your quote tag.
elfprince13 wrote:
I just berated a /.ers for not RTFAing to learn that this isn't a TCP implementation. Also, fixed your quote tag.
I appreciate your berating; thanks Elfprince. Cool
I like it! wish there was a way to connectz the ti to the internet without any module (so for free! Very Happy)
Sorunome wrote:
I like it! wish there was a way to connectz the ti to the internet without any module (so for free! Very Happy)
That's the point of the Direct USB project for gCn, to allow you to connect a TI-84+, TI-84+SE, or TI-Nspire to global CALCnet with only a miniUSB cable.
oh, cool! Very Happy
Sorunome wrote:
oh, cool! Very Happy
Thanks. The only problem is that the on-calc code is very difficult, and I have very little free space in Doors CS to work with, so I have been dragging my feet about actually working on it. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours