Graviter

Graviter is a gravity reversal game where you try to get to an exit without dying.

OLD SCREENSHOTS

Few simple campaign levels

Playthrough of campaign level

The demo levels

A new level by Phenomist, slight modifications and graphical changes

[size=14pt]CONCEPT SCREENSHOTS[/size]
Actually final menu screenie

Final menu screenshot

New menu screenshot

Menu layout

One way blocks, spikes, jumping,and switches

Switches implemented

Laser engine

Blood splatter

[size=14pt]OLD SCREENSHOTS[/size]
Playability issues demonstrated by DJ

01/29/11 - Showing gravity axis changing, level by Phenomist

01/28/11 - New sprite courtesy Builderboy, minor engine and level optimizations

Graviter is written in Axe.
Could you perhaps post some images here and maybe a download link rather than linking to a thread which we then have to find the links.

Edit: Also, you should Introduce Yourself! Is this Axe or ASM?
Screenshots please! What language is it written in, Axe or ASM?
I can basically echo the things said thus far: screenshots, what language, and Introduce Yourself! You can also submit it to the Cemetech archives by clicking the Archives link at the top, then Upload. Welcome to Cemetech, by the way! _player linked the Introduce Yourself thread, and perhaps you'd like to set an avatar so we can tell you apart more easily? Smile What languages do you know?
It actually links to a subforum, but whatever. I'll update the first post as soon as I can.
leafiness0 wrote:
It actually links to a subforum, but whatever. I'll update the first post as soon as I can.
Awesome, thanks for the update. The screenshots look excellent to me, nice job. The visual style reminds me of PortalX; did you gain any inspiration from that game? What are your plans to overcome break the 8KB code limit? Did you Introduce Yourself yet? Smile
I'm compiling it as an App at the moment, but I don't want to have to sign it every time I upload so I'm holding out on releases.
leafiness0 wrote:
I'm compiling it as an App at the moment, but I don't want to have to sign it every time I upload so I'm holding out on releases.
That makes sense. The 8KB limit is only for code, though; you can have data over 8KB (unless that's not the case for Axe). Can any Axe people (or leafiness, of course) confirm if that 8800B figure is an Axe artifact?
8811 bytes of code, unlimited data if the data is at the very end of the program, which is usually not the case with axe programs.
Axe can only do up to 1 page, but i think BuilderBoy found a workaround.
^^ True, many a time my game The Psyche was at 8900 bytes, with literally 4k of data, and it would not run in DCS.
Ahh, of course, I didn't think about the fact that Axe doesn't know to try to put all the data at the end of the program. SquidgetX, I don't think that's an artifact of Doors CS though, do you?
Umm, what? Since when does Axe not put the data at the very end? Every time you do something like:
Code:
[000011]->Pic1
"1234->Str1
It puts the data at the very end of the program. The only time this isn't the case is if you set up your own data places using Asm() and Lbls.

That aside, I really like the look of the game Smile The gameplay reminds me of VVVVVV.
Oh, so it does? Squidget's statement seems to be a counterexample. Perhaps it's something that Kevin Horowitz added in later revisions of Axe but did not have in the earliest versions?
I'm almost certain it has been there since day one of Axe.
_player1537 wrote:
I'm almost certain it has been there since day one of Axe.
Then I am quite confused. Smile I wonder wherein the misinformation lies. Confused
Basically, when Axe parses the file, it first deals with all the instructions and leaves holes where labels need to be. Once that's done, all the data AND the subroutines (that Axe uses, not the user-defined ones) are shoved onto the end of the program in the order that they appear in. Then, in the second pass, the holes are filled, treating both places that need to reference data and code sections equally. This is the origination of the phrase "data and subroutines are mixed." And no, it's not a DCS issue, as the same thing happened in MOS. Quigibo said that in order for data to be put exclusively at the end, a third pass would be needed, which he doesn't really want to do.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks a lot for the clarification, squidgetX.
I haven't updated this much, but I'll have an uploaded app soon and a screenie for your enjoyment.

I can't wait. Those graphics are sooooo money...
Wow, that looks great! I particularly love the way the screen shakes when that enemy sprite slams into walls.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours