Over the past few weeks, rumors have come out about the next Nspire OS and possibly new hardware to counter the new Casio PRIZM. Today, we have found out more about the next release: the TI-Nspire CX Graphing Calculator!

TI-Bank reports the new Nspire CX Series. According to a US website "Sameeroo", the next Nspire will have:

"The TI-Nspire handheld CX features a full-color, backlit screen, thin and sleek design includes TI-Nspire rechargeable battery. Use your own images Including photos. Explore real-world concepts Using The handheld's Notes, Graphs, Geometry, Data & Statistics and apps questions. TI-Nspire Teacher Sofware gold student TI-Nspire software IS required to add images Into TI-Nspire documents.
(crosspost from omnimaga)

Graph and rotate 3D functions. Change the color of wire gold surface your 3D graph. Clam shell."

This is truly ground breaking for the Nspire. First off, it seems like we are finally getting 3D graphs, but who cares about the math stuff??? FULL COLOR Gameboy games, FULL COLOR NES Games, FULL COLOR Videos. The possibilities are truly NDLESS!

It also seems as if a new TI-Nspire navigator will bring WIFI to the Nspire: More Information!

TI-Bank Article
Sameeroo Link
Agreed that this is ground-breaking for the Nspire, but it's just a cheap rip-off of Casio's developments, and it doesn't sound like they actually are adding any new features over what Casio came up with.

Re: Clam shell: it's going to have a clam shell form factor? Also, can you turn those text things into links?
Authoritative source you got there, champ.
Hey, I only crossposted. nothing more
The TI-Bank links don't seem to have been encoded correctly.
So here you are:

TI-Nspire CX navigator (with image):
http://ti.bank.free.fr/index.php?mod=news&ac=commentaires&id=961

TI-Nspire CX calculator:
http://ti.bank.free.fr/index.php?mod=news&ac=commentaires&id=962
Critor, thanks for those! I'm somewhat amused by the Wikipedia page on that Nspire; do you think that's legit or photoshopped? I don't seem to recall a browser having been written for the Nspire. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
I'm somewhat amused by the Wikipedia page on that Nspire; do you think that's legit or photoshopped? I don't seem to recall a browser having been written for the Nspire. Wink

It was our latest april fool.
And less than a year later, it might become real on the TI-Nspire CX Smile

It was rendered by Levak using Blender.
critor wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I'm somewhat amused by the Wikipedia page on that Nspire; do you think that's legit or photoshopped? I don't seem to recall a browser having been written for the Nspire. Wink

What image was that? I'd love to see an interesting render. Wink
alberthrocks wrote:
critor wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

What image was that? I'd love to see an interesting render. Wink

Here is the image from TI-Bank:
http://i63.servimg.com/u/f63/13/23/13/53/nspire18.jpg
Ah, I thought so. Smile I don't really see TI allowing internet browsing on the Nspires. It's interesting, because I was just thinking the other day while riding the subway that if Cemetech ever made a calculator, it should have a clearly-marked, removable WiFi module, which would make students happy in general and teachers happy on tests.
well since this will have a wi-fi adapter, then I think that an internet gimmick is not totally out of range
qazz42 wrote:
well since this will have a wi-fi adapter, then I think that an internet gimmick is not totally out of range
Well, the problem is that TI has their uncomfortable position to maintain of satisfying the teachers before anything. Sad
Ah, but they, at the same time, want to compete with Casio and perhaps they feel that the internet thing will make techers happy (remember, a teacher can monitor your screen using the connect-to-class)
True, and I think it's great! I just hope they don't step on the toes of globalCALCnet too much. Sad I'm glad I got part of it done at least before this, and I don't think they plan to bring it to the 84 series.
I dot think that either. Perhaps someone could make a gCn program that allows one to connect to the internet and get websites on-calc? it would be like the TI-BOY where zoomed in will make it look better and zoomed out will cause it to look like crap Very Happy
Wow, this does seems pretty cool. Maybe I should get one of these when it's released.
Indeed. I still don't have any old Nspire, sadly (or ha;ppily, depending on your point of view). Here's a question: what do you guys think it will have in terms of 84+/SE emulation?
Psshh, yeah right Razz I think the emulation will be just as bad. TI doesn't use those undocumented instructions, so their apps are O.K. If their apps had used them, I'm almost certain they would fix the emulator. WiFi on a calculator would be pretty interesting, and I like the idea of a removable WiFi module idea. I just saw this thread on Omnimaga (with an awfully undescriptive title, qazz >.>) and was surprised it wasn't here yet. Then I came here to check posts and here it was Razz Sadly, I won't be getting the new one if / when it comes out. The Casio calculator that this is based off of (I assume) seems to be pretty awful in just about everything; from apps, to headers, to images.
I don't think it will have any TI 84+/SE emulation, but I do think it will be much better than the Prizm.
souvik1997 wrote:
I don't think it will have any TI 84+/SE emulation, but I do think it will be much better than the Prizm.
I don't think that it will either, which makes me very, very upset. That would mean all our fifteen or twenty years of hard work writing calculator programs would finally be obsolete and unrunnable on any real piece of hardware. That would personally make me quite depressed, I think. Sad I suppose Cemetech could move on to start programming the new calculators, but TI seems to be making that so hard, and have no understanding of how their calculators have taught so many students the wonders of programming, that I don't know how worth our time that would be. On a less depressing, what-did-I-spend-my-adolescence-on note, how does TI-Bank keep getting all this awesome info? We need more snoopy sneaky fact-finders on Cemetech. Social engineering, anyone?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours