KermMartian wrote:
I'm very saddened by the apparent lack of a 2.5mm I/O connector, but if they've chosen to just include USB emulation and will indeed have a TI-84+/SE emulator in the Nspire CX, all the more reason for me to develop Direct USB gCn...

Not that their TI-84+SE emulator actually emulates the USB hardware. That's why they made different OS versions for the Nspire, so they could implement their own USB "opcodes"
Only a proper 84+ keyboard would enable seamless 84+ emulation, and ditto (albeit much more unlikely...) for 89(T) emulation on the CAS model.
Lionel, ah, I didn't even think about a possible TI-89 emulator, but excellent point indeed! Now I want an Nspire with both those things. Calc84, indeed, but as long as I'm using the OS's USB subsystem, I don't have to worry about that.
is it confirmed that there will be some more programming capibilities?
qazz42 wrote:
is it confirmed that there will be some more programming capibilities?
Nothing is known about programming capabilities yet.
qazz: nothing is known yet indeed, but unless they reversed, all of a sudden, their nearly 5-year-old hard-liner stance on the Nspire 1 and 2, it's unlikely that programming capabilities will be good - especially low-level ones Smile
Lionel Debroux wrote:
qazz: nothing is known yet indeed, but unless they reversed, all of a sudden, their nearly 5-year-old hard-liner stance on the Nspire 1 and 2, it's unlikely that programming capabilities will be good - especially low-level ones Smile
That's the biggest thing that bothers me about these calculators. Sad I know I'm repeating myself over and over, but it's TI's calculators' duties to get students interested in programming. :S
Agreed. Many current and former members of the TI calculators open development community got one of their first long-lasting programming experiences on a TI calculator.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Agreed. Many current and former members of the TI calculators open development community got one of their first long-lasting programming experiences on a TI calculator.
Definitely. I feel like many students that wouldn't otherwise have exposure to programming due to no friends and family and teachers who code, or lack of school courses, or economic constraints have gotten a taste of coding over the last twenty years thanks to their TI graphing calculators. I guess TI doesn't really care about that. Sad Methinks it's time for me to send TI Cares another email, perhaps I can get them to make a statement on the programming capabilities of their upcoming calculators, although I seriously doubt it.
http://www.unitedti.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9649
_player1537 wrote:
Yeah, seen that, but I'm not convinced yet. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
Yeah, seen that, but I'm not convinced yet. Wink

still, that is a strangely non-generic response. Perhaps they expanded basic :/
Maybe they were just too lazy to put in decent commands after all? Neutral
heh, probably. Now that this is leaked I shall interrogate my teach who works for TI >Very Happy >Very Happy >Very Happy
Excellent, Qazz! I hope you find us some juicy morsels, because I want to post some news about these developments. So far we know color, we have a mockup design, we don't know about programming or TI-84+/SE emulation, and we've heard "clamshell" thrown around.
Yes, sadly we discovered about this AFTER school ended for Feb break

ah well, it is a week's wait `-` not much compared to, idk, 700000 years or so...
qazz42 wrote:
Yes, sadly we discovered about this AFTER school ended for Feb break

ah well, it is a week's wait `-` not much compared to, idk, 700000 years or so...
Bummer. Sad And she (he?) had already hinted to you about big things he or she knew were coming from TI, correct? Well, at any rate, I hope we get some more news soon. My mother was just asking me yesterday whether I was still planning on getting a Prizm or if I would just get TI's new calculator instead, or both, and to be honest, I don't really know yet.
yeah, it is a she and she hinted that it had to to with programming, but I could have mis-interpreted the signals and it just means there is a color nspire. meh
qazz42 wrote:
yeah, it is a she and she hinted that it had to to with programming, but I could have mis-interpreted the signals and it just means there is a color nspire. meh
I hope that that is indeed the case. Also, in case anyone missed it, good ol' Duncan / Chronomex linked to this thread from ticalc.org's latest news article about the TI-Nspire CX.
*bump* So, do we know anything new about this device yet since the ticalc.org article? Details, confirmation, hardware, or programming?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours