awww, if that is true then frick, then if no ndless for it becomes possible, then I too shall get a prizm...

btw, I think around here the SAT is more important then the ACT, but I could be wrong `-`
I thought the previous Nspires had a BASIC editor.
yeah, but it sucks, you cannot do anything with it
Qwerty.55 wrote:
I thought it was an extremely crippled form of BASIC; was I mislead? Perhaps they improved it in recent Nspires?

@Qazz: Me too; that's because we live on the coasts. Note Shaun's post more carefully.
KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:
I thought it was an extremely crippled form of BASIC; was I mislead? Perhaps they improved it in recent Nspires?

@Qazz: Me too; that's because we live on the coasts. Note Shaun's post more carefully.

I know, but as I said, it is possible I am wrong, there are some schools around here, LI, that value them equally (I meant district, not coast Razz)
Engadget has posted an article on the CX:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/28/ti-nspire-graphing-calcs-get-full-color-displays-3d-wifi-and/

I think the author is a bit vague that 3D means "3D graphing," and seems to have no idea of the company's lack of regard for the students. Bah.
Just mentioned in the article that, if ndless can be programmed for this, then we will have awesome games up the wazoo Very Happy
But again, the problem is that the vast majority of users out there don't have Ndless, nor would they care to install it. I got an email back from TI-Cares, by the way, and it's exactly the mindless drivel I worried they would send:

TI-Cares wrote:
Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Texas Instruments.

I understand that you have questions about the newly announced TI-Nspire™ CX family line of products.

As this is a newly announced product the only available information is what is listed on our website. Please feel free to check back with our website at a later time for more information.

http://education.ti.com/calculators/products/US/Nspire-Family/

Another resource you can use to find answers to your questions, example calculations and other information is our Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base is accessible to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

http://support.education.ti.com

I hope that you find this information helpful. If you have further questions or comments, please feel free to send me an email.

Warmest Regards,

César López
Heey, guess what? I got my email back too

yeah guess what?

Quote:
Alec,

Thank you for contacting Texas Instruments.

I understand that you have questions about programming on the newly announced TI-Nspire™ CX family line of products. Unfortunately, since this was newly announced the only information that we have is available on the link below. Please feel free to check back later for updates.

http://education.ti.com/calculators/products/US/Nspire-Family/CX-Handhelds

Another resource you can use to find answers to your questions, example calculations and other information is our Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base is accessible to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

http://support.education.ti.com

I hope that you find this information helpful. If you have further questions or comments, please feel free to send me an email.

Warmest Regards,

César López

Two words: Epic... Facepalm
Wow, sounds like I need to bump my email up the chain a bit. That's pretty ridiculously stupid.
it is dumb too Very Happy

Seriously, this is just dumb, I am going to do the same, see if I can talk to someone competent.. or less incompetent
qazz42 wrote:
it is dumb too Very Happy

Seriously, this is just dumb, I am going to do the same, see if I can talk to someone competent.. or less incompetent
Most heartily agreed. Here's the response I just sent:

I wrote:
César, or to Whom it May Concern:

I'm afraid that this form letter that I and a member of my forum received in response to separate questions about the TI-Nspire CX does not answer my questions. As I voiced in my original email, I speak as one of hundreds or thousands of currently-active graphing calculator programmers and enthusiasts, and tens of thousands of such hobbyists over the years in expressing concerns about the direction of TI graphing calculators and programming capabilities. I was hoping for some positive (or negative) reassurances about the programming capabilities of the TI-Nspire CX line, including whether the promised "programming environment" hearkens back to the TI-BASIC capabilities of the much-loved TI-83/84+ series and the TI-89 series, or whether it will include the crippled BASIC of the current TI-Nspire calculators. Although this information is not listed on the website you provided, it is an important factor in whether I purchase a TI-Nspire CX or a Casio Prizm, a calculator with a similar fast processor, color screen, and well-documented C, ASM, and BASIC programming capabilities, and whether I recommend to the 1,700+ coders at Cemetech to do the same. If you don't have access to further details or are not at liberty to reveal such details, to whom could you direct my inquiry who could possibly elucidate further? Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Christopher Mitchell
Administrator and Founder, Cemetech
http://www.cemetech.net
http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/productDetail/us_nspire_cx_cas.html?bid=5
TI's website wrote:

Features a dedicated programming environment as well as programming libraries for global access to user-defined functions & programs
But it doesn't mention if it is C, ASM, Basic or on the computer, on calc, on iDevices, etc.
Still, it shows that there is some programming capability.
So? The Nspire has "some" programming capability, it just sucks. If it is going to provide C, then we can be assured it will be pretty good (on most accounts). Or if it is ASM, we can still get to C.
souvik1997 wrote:
Still, it shows that there is some programming capability.
It doesn't specify anything about whether this will be different from or the same as the existing "programming" capabilities in the TI-Nspire.
I received a response from Cesar!

Texas Instruments wrote:
Christopher,

Thank you for the reply.

I can understand how you may feel that you did not receive the answer you were looking for. Unfortunately, as this was newly announced we do not have any further information at this time. If I did, I would have been more than happy to forward you any information that I did have to offer.

Warmest Regards,

César López
Quote:
Alec,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, this is all the information that has been provided at this time. As TI-Nspire CX family has yet been released there is no guidebook that I can forward you. I can only suggest that you check back on that link for more information as it is released.

Warmest Regards,

Ooooh, must have seen my call on him for sending an automated response Very Happy
I'm debating about responding and asking for a date when more information will be available, pointing out that since the device already has standardized test certification, that the device must be more or less complete.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours