TI-84+
 18%  [ 3 ]
TI-84+ SE
 56%  [ 9 ]
Other
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

That is quite an ingenious use of grayscale, very well done! Smile
I tried it last night on my TI-83+. It worked just fine. The animations are incredible. I had no idea my calc could be this awesome. This is going to pass a lot of time.

May I request a Peggle clone next?
This game definitely deserves a front-page Cemetech feature when it's done for its awesomeness. Still needs a DCS version, though. Laughing
Souvik1997: Thank you! Smile The image can now serve as a screenshot, since I implemented the new graphics in the game.

DShiznit wrote:
I tried it last night on my TI-83+. It worked just fine. The animations are incredible. I had no idea my calc could be this awesome. This is going to pass a lot of time.

May I request a Peggle clone next?
Thanks, man, that means a lot! I hope it will keep working on your calc, though. It has been a bit unreliable on mine (also 83+), but on the 84+ it has never failed.

KermMartian wrote:
This game definitely deserves a front-page Cemetech feature when it's done for its awesomeness. Still needs a DCS version, though. 0x5
That'd be awesome! Cool I'll make it a DCS game in the end, don't worry!
Haven't seen much of the bug lately, by the way, but I don't dare to even hope that it's completely gone...

Oh, of course! The HUD now has improved graphics! Very Happy
And I locked off TWILIGHT and HYPER mode. Won't see those again till you unlock 'em Wink (which is impossible so far Razz)
Your game will now be saved if you quit (with the teacher key) or return to the menu before the game is over.

Each game mode has a separate, save file, so you can come back to your game at any time.

So far, your saved game will always be loaded, but the next update will feature a pop-up window that will ask if you want to continue your last game or want to start a new one.

Oh, and of course: the game now has to be run from DoorsCS7. But I assume that isn't a problem on this site Wink
Haha, it most certainly is not a problem! This is great, can't wait to try it again.
I've added a nice popup window to confirm returning to the menu from a game and one to resume a saved game or start a new one.

Now getting back to make one for high score saving! Smile
cerzus69 wrote:
I've added a nice popup window to confirm returning to the menu from a game and one to resume a saved game or start a new one.

Now getting back to make one for high score saving! Smile
Great job, keep up the good work. As I suggested in the Writeback thread, how about an initials spinner for high score name input to make your life easier?
That would be easy, I suppose,. At least easier than my original idea. The thing is, I was hoping to allow for lower and uppercase letters + all numerals. Making a spinner with 62 entries is kinda big isn't it?
Or now that I'm thinking about it... I could use the [ALPHA] button to swap between 3 different spinners.
cerzus69 wrote:
That would be easy, I suppose,. At least easier than my original idea. The thing is, I was hoping to allow for lower and uppercase letters + all numerals. Making a spinner with 62 entries is kinda big isn't it?
Or now that I'm thinking about it... I could use the [ALPHA] button to swap between 3 different spinners.
That's not a bad idea... And I wouldn't say that a 62-element spinner is totally crazy as long as it spins fast, even in a single sequence.
Maybe you're right. I'll just try different things. Could be a while before this is done and I'm satisfied with it.

I've got a couple more things left to do on this project anyway.
For instance, I'd like to remove the squares behind the characters in the waving text messages and the floating scores and make them just a one-pixel edge around the character. Looks much better, but may take another 300-400 bytes of data.
Another update!

I've improved the outlines of the characters in the floating scores and the waving text messages like "Level X". First they were just squares, but now they fit nicely around the characters.

Also, each level now starts with at least 10 available moves, so that you won't start a level with just 1 possible move for instance and immediately run out of moves at the start.
Oooh, those are nice improvements. It took me staring very, very hard to notice the little score amounts rising up from completed moves before.
KermMartian wrote:
Oooh, those are nice improvements. It took me staring very, very hard to notice the little score amounts rising up from completed moves before.
Thank you. Smile Nothing much changed in having to stare for those, I think...
cerzus69 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Thank you. Smile Nothing much changed in having to stare for those, I think...
"I've improved the outlines of the characters in the floating score" <-- did I misunderstand what this meant, then?
Perhaps. I'll explain better: in stead of a standard 5x7 black rectangle behind the white characters, each charachter now has its own black shape behind it, exactly outlining around it.

If you still don't understand, let me say this: it looks better now. Razz
cerzus69 wrote:
Perhaps. I'll explain better: in stead of a standard 5x7 black rectangle behind the white characters, each charachter now has its own black shape behind it, exactly outlining around it.

If you still don't understand, let me say this: it looks better now. Razz
Oh, I saw the one with the black rectangle behind it, and I found it somewhat hard to read. Perhaps it's just the grayscale emulation in PndurTI, though.
I'm almost done with the name input for the high scores.
I am not using a spinner. Keypad input turned out to be very easy to implement. Moreover, it's more user-friendly if you ask me.

One little problem though is that the [W] button is the same as [-], which is used for contrast-changing... I will post an update as soon as I find a solution for that.

And that **** bug is still there. It's gonna suck finding that... Sad
Well, finding it would be awesome, but looking for it will not.
Argh, and I totally keep failing to help you find it, other than a few halfhearted attempts where I failed to replicate it. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Argh, and I totally keep failing to help you find it, other than a few halfhearted attempts where I failed to replicate it. Sad
So, you've never seen it yourself?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours