Correct! Which is >3 radians. Wink
That's the easy part. It's calculating linear and angular velocities with radians in trigonometry that's making me want to kill myself right now...
DShiznit wrote:
That's the easy part. It's calculating linear and angular velocities with radians in trigonometry that's making me want to kill myself right now...

Dude, SO much easier than in degrees.

Radians: angular_velocity*radius = linear velocity
Degrees: angular_velocity/180 * Pi * radius
It gets much harder than that when you're dealing with a wheel that's x inches wide going x miles per hour.
DShiznit wrote:
It gets much harder than that when you're dealing with a wheel that's x inches wide going y miles per hour.

Still easier than degrees Razz assuming "wide" is a measure of diameter.

2y/x * (17.6 (inch*hours) / (mile*second)) = angular_velocity in radians.
You know I have a 6th graders understanding of math. So I have no idea what ANY of you are talking about. Sad

Bleh. That's kinda bad for a 11th grader.
Count your blessings.
A compiled installer so I don't have to torture myself with SVN.
Svenne wrote:
SVN is not bad, and it's the best way to deal with the incremental updates happening in the alpha phase. Maybe once all the features are in place and it's beta time, it will make sense to publish release packages.
He could make a .bat file packages with a svn.exe of sorts to ease the process but svn still isn't that hard to work with.
TheStorm wrote:
He could make a .bat file packages with a svn.exe of sorts to ease the process but svn still isn't that hard to work with.
I suppose so on the former, and totally agreed on the latter point.
KermMartian wrote:
Svenne wrote:
SVN is not bad, and it's the best way to deal with the incremental updates happening in the alpha phase. Maybe once all the features are in place and it's beta time, it will make sense to publish release packages.

This. T3D actually comes with a mechanism for generating installers, iirc, but I don't want to deal with uploading a couple hundred MB on a regular basis. Big releases: yes; minor patches and tweaks: no.
The only issue I have with the SVN is, it randomly cuts your download when you haven't even downloaded half the game X.x
geekboy1011 wrote:
The only issue I have with the SVN is, it randomly cuts your download when you haven't even downloaded half the game X.x

That's more an issue with a semi-unreliable SVN hosting service.
I will certainly take a look at these issues. I remember futsing around with the brick rotation some time back. Elf and I will have to discuss removing euler angles.
CyberPrime wrote:
I will certainly take a look at these issues. I remember futsing around with the brick rotation some time back. Elf and I will have to discuss removing euler angles.

I think a better option would be "hiding" euler angles.
CyberPrime wrote:
So you've seen that rotation bug as well?
How could we go about that, elfprince? Something along the lines of Bleh7777's custom rotation controls perhaps/
And yes, Kerm, I had seen it, but I was pretty sure I had it fixed.
CyberPrime wrote:
How could we go about that, elfprince? Something along the lines of Bleh7777's custom rotation controls perhaps/
Ah, OK. I tend to think not, unfortunately, because I pulled the latest SVN updates before I played. Sad
CyberPrime wrote:

Just finding everywhere they are visible to the user and implementing some conversion functions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours