Jonimus, this is awesome; thanks very much for staying up so late to help. Smile I have imported directusb.c into my gCnClient Dev-C++ project, so I'll try to patch it together with the existing code today and use that to help me test. Sadly, I'm fairly confident that I still have pieces of the calculator side wrong, but we'll see. Perhaps I can get BrandonW to help.
merthsoft wrote:
Does that mean it'll work on Windows while still allowing for TI-Connect to work?
Yes I used the libusb-0.1 api so it should work just about everywhere, including the libusb0.sys filter driver.
TheStorm wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
Does that mean it'll work on Windows while still allowing for TI-Connect to work?
Yes I used the libusb-0.1 api so it should work just about everywhere, including the libusb0.sys filter driver.
What would be a very simple procedure for users to install the filter driver (and me, too, since I seem to have misplaced the filter driver installer than Shaun gave me a few weeks ago)?

Edit: Note to self:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-releases/1.2.2.0/libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.2.0.exe/download
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
What would be a very simple procedure for users to install the filter driver (and me, too, since I seem to have misplaced the filter driver installer than Shaun gave me a few weeks ago)?

Edit: Note to self:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-releases/1.2.2.0/libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.2.0.exe/download

Ooooh, pretteh! With that .exe, do I just run it and the driver installs? (Just wondering why you posted it `-`)
He posted it as a note to himself, hence the "Note to self:"...
well, what it is for then Razz
Probably installing the filter drivers. It's not going to do you any good right now, though. We'll have a proper "read me" when the time has come.
Ah, fair enough. I was merely curious as my previous encounters with drivers were not very happy ;.;
Ah, well, hopefully nothing disastrous will happen. If you're worried though, you should definitely wait. If it's the same thing I used, you'll be fine.
Nah, I will wait, I wouldnt install a driver until I knew it was ok to do so.

(Win7 users will have a hard time with installing the driver if not digitally signed x.x that was my problem)
qazz42 wrote:

(Win7 users will have a hard time with installing the driver if not digitally signed x.x that was my problem)
This driver is signed so there shouldn't be any issues.

And yes Merth this should be the same thing you used from what I understand.
Ah, ok, then it's a super straight-forward process Smile
TheStorm wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

niiice, that wounds wonderful! (juuuust curious, but will it work with TILP too? just curious)
qazz42 wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

niiice, that wounds wonderful! (juuuust curious, but will it work with TILP too? just curious)
Yup, that's how I found out about it. Using that filter driver, TiLP II can coexist with TI-Connect and you don't have to worry about driver issues.
woot! now to reinstall TILP `-`
Progress! My calculator was able to join #cemetech via Direct USB, thanks to help understanding KillUSBDevice and Port $94 from Brandon (BrandonW), test software from Shaun (Merthsoft), and filter driver assistance and moral support from Jon (Jonimus/TheStorm). Until Shaun gets home to fix a bug with his code, I'll be working with C libusb code that Jonimus wrote for me to try to shoehorn Direct USB support into the existing C gCnClient implementation.
KermMartian wrote:
Progress! My calculator was able to join #cemetech via Direct USB, thanks to help understanding KillUSBDevice and Port $94 from Brandon (BrandonW), test software from Shaun (Merthsoft), and filter driver assistance and moral support from Jon (Jonimus/TheStorm). Until Shaun gets home to fix a bug with his code, I'll be working with C libusb code that Jonimus wrote for me to try to shoehorn Direct USB support into the existing C gCnClient implementation.

Hey, I gave all my morale support I could, so much I lost my moral compass Razz

Ontopic, gg Kerm! I spy a release soon Very Happy (Hmm, I wonder, will this work only for gCn or can you use the usb calc-calc wires for regular CALCnet?)

now to go rob a bank or something
As I responded to someone else who asked the same question a few days ago, there's actually nothing in the code that I am writing that would/will prevent it from working perfectly well for unit-to-unit transfers, but my many years have taught me the huge divide between what I expect my code to do and what it actually does. I know, but he offered staying-up-until-2am-writing-code-for-me moral support, so he got a special mention. You, Sonlen, Eeems, and ParkerR are among the users who have been the most loyal and enthusiastic in offering moral support and beta-testing assistance.
Yay I got mentioned!

I'm mainly interested in this because I don't have the option of using the other method because I personally don't have any cash to buy and ardino(sp?) and when I do get some money I already have some things planned.

I've also got a few ideas that I could code for using this method Smile
I've finished a tentative DirectUSB-supporting C gCnClient, but I gotta get my UT on before I give it a serious test. Smile I'm sure you guys will see the status on #cemetech.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours