Code:
[15:17:50] <gCnIRCHub> **TEST2 timed out and left the room
[15:18:20] <gCnIRCHub> **TEST2:Bye world, my owner is disconnecting me :-( entered the room
[15:18:20] <gCnIRCHub> [TEST2] Bye world, my owner is disconnecting me :-(
[15:18:20] <gCnIRCHub> **TEST2:Bye world, my owner is disconnecting me :-( is now known as TEST2
[15:18:38] <gCnIRCHub> **TEST2 left the room

The calculator timed out when I was writing because I don't know the layout of the keys very well, and it temporarily got this modified name after I pressed 2nd to quit the editing line.
Yeah, that's a silly glitch in the gcnIRCHub bridge program, written in python. Smile It's trivial to fix; thanks for reminding me that I needed to deal with it.
Hi! new here!

First of all contraz for this great project, it seems nice...
Anyway, can you provide the source core (hopefully in C) for the arduino program?

I would like to integrate in with some other stuff in my arduino and use the protocol to "talk" to the calculator.

Thanks! Very Happy
TCB13, welcome to Cemetech! Might I recommend that you Introduce Yourself in the appropriate topic? Also take a look at <-- SAX over there on the left-hand side of the page, where we tend to chat.

The Arduino program is indeed in C; I'm curious what you'd like to add before I share the source, since I've been keeping the source under my hat after some bad experiences with code theft. If it's something that's generally useful, perhaps I should add it to the main gCnBridge firmware! I know that one person wanted to use CALCnet to communicate temperature sensing information to his calculator; is it something along those lines?
Hi again!
Well in very short, my idea is about making a computer less solution using a 3G modem to connect the calculator over the Arduino to the Internet! Idea

TI Calc <-----> Arduino <---> Telit 3G Modem <-----> Internet

So... basically, I'm a renewable energies entrepreneur (most of the time doing consultant jobs...) and some time ago I developed a remote access solution to a company witch have problem with the fact that they couldn't know the status of their sun trackers.
In short, the use sun tracking robotics developed by them equipped with a PIC micro-controller and my idea to solve their problem was integrate a 3G telit modem and develop software so the system could send and receive messages from a website and also to cell phones.

One day at the end of the project I was in the office and I looked at my life saving TI-84 and I had an idea! Send messages with the TI! For that I think about connecting TI-84 to an Arduino and then connect the Arduino to a Telit 3G modem... The software to operate the Telit modem, send and receive SMS and handle sockets is almost the same I developed for the company... but finding info an examples about the TI port... is hard...

With great power comes great responsibilities — Well a friend of mine who's finishing is degree said to me that sending messages with a TI could be a problematic thing if goes to the wrong hands...

Anyway, this could be also a good start for a computer less solution for connecting calculators to a remote server.
Woah, 2011, it's been so long. There has been a recent spike in gCn usage so I busted out my Arduino that was doing nothing, flashed the gCn bridge code, and semi built it into my calculator.

http://imgur.com/a/BxS3s

Hope to be able to help in testing and such. And as always, KermM, keep up the great work!
I just want to confirm that this program works on my Samsung Chromebook. I got it to work by downloading the Raspberry Pi version (since they're both ARM) and moving it to my /usr/local/bin folder.

It only seems to work sometimes tho. I get this as an output:

Code:
Direct USB connection created successfully.
Socket #4
Direct USB device disconnected!
Nulling device.
Calculator successfully reconnected.
Nulling device.
Nulling device.
Nulling device.
Nulling device.
Nulling device.
Nulling device.

This happens a lot and the connection is lost.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours