Much better on the sig, thanks. Smile You still might want some color or boldness, though. Smile And awesome re: all the different players and bosses!
Alright screenie to show stuff.

The differences:
Lines now show when there vertical.
I can adjust the length of the lines.
^_^
Once I figure out all the grammatical mistakes in your post, which I think I have done, congrats. I only wish that that right side of the screen was not quite as cluttered.
Yeah same but it does all fit. Even though I don't know what half of the icons are for....

Have to ask Iambian...
It's funny that you should ask what all those icons are for. The game isn't anywhere near "complete" as far as I wanted it to be, so about half of them aren't being used for anything. The screen shot above doesn't actually show what the ones that are being used are used for. So I guess it's up to me?

Edit: Made an image for explanation. This screenshot is using the "official" build for CaDan
Ok so good news and bad news

Bad news:

The script systems cd.movepath (allows me to define a table that makes the enemy move in that path with out crazy maths)
is so busted that i might have screwed up my source files

Good News:

I think i have found A way to make my own just have to test it and in all honesty it will be a bit more configurable so no complaints when all is said and done T.T
Geekboy: If you want to show us the ASM source for it (along with, if you have it, original source that does work so that we can see the difference), I'm sure that the ASM gurus among us would be happy to take a look for you and try to figure out what might have broken.

Iambian: Thanks for the excellent explanation, and sorry that I seem to have missed it when you posted it over a month ago. Sad No offense intended, but don't you think that might be a bit too much stuff to show someone in the middle of a game? I feel like users might either get so distracted trying to see how many lives they have left that they die, or just won't bother looking at the sidebar.
Were actually thinking about rearranging the side bar a bit to be a bit easier to see and navigate as some of the items don't even serve a purpose atm.

As for the source when I get a chance ill upload a working version with a script that crashes and ill point you guys to whats wrong i have no idea what it could be and fixing it may break even more things.

And it never worked to begin with is half the issue cd.movepath was a gamble from when I started using it looks like i lost this bet though xD
Idea: What if you put some of the interface elements on the left, and some on the right, with the actual gameplay centered? Would that look worse? Was there a design decision for the way it is?
I'm not to sure and the issue with that i think is how he does his optimizations

i know for a fact that every thing in the side bar is directly drawn to the screen with every thing else going threw buffers

as for how it was decided i have no idea I'm just guessing its cause of optimizations

Personally I think it would be a bit easier to manage but at the same time it could prove more distracting as this way it may be cluttered but its not on both sides pulling your attention so
Those reasons both make sense, the direct drawing and the distraction of having meters on both sides. Thanks for the clarifications.
Your welcome for the clarification and I guess I'm spending tonight ironing out a new way to make movements happen time for cd.get/setstats abuse xD

(cd.set/getstats reads a byte/s from the app backup screen in which i have 45 bytes of data left to use xD)
Gotcha, that makes sense. Well, my offer to take a look at the code that's broken stands if you want me to do so at some point. Smile
I gladly will cause the alternative is blatant abuse of every feature of the scripting system and some that aren't there T.T xD

just poke me one day on irc when you have time and ill get you the stuff you need so i can help you go threw it as its really complex T.T
*Through it. Sounds good, I'll be happy to assist. I'm definitely hoping we can narrow down the issues to a small section of code, though, for the sake of both of our sanities.
yeah i going to do what iambian suggested hes very assurant that it was working before I started my modifications (go figure eh?)
so i'm going to run a comparison between them and narrow it down that way as it has to be something that has been changed, I plan on doing that later tonight. Ill post the logs of that when I get the chance.
Much to my Sadness and dismay this project is being put on : HOLD

Reasons: there are just to many bugs with the current build of CaDan more than Iambian and I originally thought and thew few that really need to be fixed are so deep rooted that even we have no idea whats wrong and it will take hours if not weeks to figure them out.

Whats going to happen to every thing you all contributed to this project

Well they might under go some revisions to support the new version of CaDan But they will be used as CaDan is getting a reboot which Iambian hopes to make it better than this version and make the scripting system have a wee bit nicer flow to it ^_^

Till we see more bullets fly in unrelenting streams we put this on the back burner

PS: If I get bored and make some really cool single bullet patterns I might release them as an app with them or something individually just for the hell of it idk yet ^_^

PPS: If any one wants to tackle fixing it on there own ill clean up my sources and send em your way. I guarantee you its no cake walk though xD
Aww, I am very sorry to hear it, Geekboy, I have been excited about this project! Do you have any interest in taking it up as a pure ASM project, or is that unlikely? With this on hold, what do you think you'll be working on in the meantime?
Well for now I have my correlation project to work on. Which is just as involved as CaDan so. Theres also Tix which i need to take up again I'm just struggling with axe :/ (yeah I get asm better than axe what gives xD)
I also have Yumé which I'm making music for and may try to make some other songs as well I'm enjoying that a lot more than I thought I would

Also If any one wants to try to tackle the bugs i'll clean my source files up and send them to you and you can nag me on irc and try to fix it be warned though its not a cake walk of a program to debug any thing in T.T
I don't find it counter-intuitive that you understand ASM more than Axe at all, but maybe that's just me. Smile I hope you'll be telling us more about your Correlation project and this Tix of yours. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours