Character list:
Players:
    Iambian
    Dj Omnimaga

Bosses:
    Genolo(li?)
    Nikky
    SirCmpwn The Coding knight
    Sean (captain of my schools fencing team i have a great idea for him)

I'm looking for more characters to add i need a total of 2 more players and 2 more bosses
and i'm horrid with graphics so.

you want a character in the game make me a 32x32 shot for chatting and such like the character selection screen(for players) and a 8x8 one for in game shooting sprite

bosses i need a 32x32 one for the in game chat and a 8x8 one for there sprite

lets see what you all can come up with ^_^

Edit by Tanner: So much abuse of the English language x.x
Thanks for the excellent edits, Tanner. Smile Surely you've seen me constantly yelling at him on IRC for his horrible grammar. Wink Geekboy, this is looking great! Whom are you thinking for the remaining players and bosses?
Any one who wants to as long as they make the graphics. General idea is get a compilation of gfx and such and then make a poll

highest ones in each category get added to the complete edition ( i don't need the graphics right away i can use dummy graphics for bullet testing Wink ) ^_^
I'd love to make a sprite for this Very Happy I'll probably work on it tomorrow at school when I'm bored. Btw, your post was... for lack of better words, awful x.x Oh well, it's over Razz I like that Nikky is a boss Razz
Yeah me to also more screenies!!!

Simple 3 prong background.

Trollface background.

Simple wisp style background.

Some of the images actually have the in game sprite of the Iambian profile as well.

EDIT:

So i Finally plugged in a decent bullet script and made some crappy dialog. So what do you get a SCREENIE!!!

Hmm, why does it say 404:Boss Not Found?
How much memory does this take up so far, geekboy? Any projected size for when the project is complete?
I like everything except the "troll face", but I tend to find memes trite and unoriginal, so that's probably just personal bias. The actually mechanic looks very neat.
lol Merth.
It says that because i haven't made any boss graphics yet, nor do i know the format for the files.
Every thing is compressed and it gets confusing X.x
Like in the screenie when i use a bomb there is garbage on the bottom of the screen thats something else i already messed up.

It will be 2 app pages when done Kerm. 1 page holds all the graphics the other all the bullet information

i have roughly 9000 bytes left on each page to work with
Souvik, it was a joke that Iambian added I believe. He didn't want to make a boss sprite, so he just added that. The trollface did come out pretty well. I really dislike the first bullet script though :/ I would prefer it to give you a spot to go through, and that spot move around in a circle around the boss.
Tanner what do you mean? That confused me.
also these scripts are just dummy ones for a point of concept. ^-^
I will be making better ones this one is actually really simple

Code:
Pinwheel:
 cd.shoot(r1)
 cd.add(r1,60)
 cd.shoot(r1)
 cd.add(r1,60)
 cd.shoot(r1)
 cd.pause
 cd.goto(Pinwheel)

Thats the whole code for that pinwheel effect.
For instance, it would not shoot on one side, so that you could go through that and not get killed. So, you would change that to:

Code:
Pinwheel:
 cd.shoot(r1)
 cd.add(r1,120)
 cd.pause
 cd.goto(Pinwheel)
I think
OH so make it like a 3 point pinwheel instead of a 4 point
or only 2?

Yours would make a 2 point pinwheel on the opposite sides of each other.
3 pin instead of 4 Smile
merthsoft wrote:
I like everything except the "troll face", but I tend to find memes trite and unoriginal, so that's probably just personal bias. The actually mechanic looks very neat.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan either; I like those original, more organic backgrounds a lot more.
lol I do as well actually, and sadly the wisp style one is a image i found on google. The 3 prong one i did my self in paint <3 paint

for a 3 prong spiral i think it would be

Code:
Pinwheel:
 cd.shoot(r1)
 cd.add(r1,80)
 cd.shoot(r1)
 cd.pause
 cd.goto(Pinwheel)

That would make the 3 prong spiral if i'm not mistaken (will try it and screen it in a few).

Edit: 3prong spiral I really like it actually

I like it too Very Happy
We Can also make things go around in circles! ^_^

Round, and round, and round it goes when it stops only DEATH knows Wink
geekboy1011 wrote:
We Can also make things go around in circles! ^_^

Round, and round, and round it goes when it stops only DEATH knows Wink
That's nice, but to be perfectly honest, I think I would find that very distracting if I tried to play at the same time the background was doing all kinds of crazy things.
Lol i agree totally. It was more of a POC to me actually, to test out the background commands and such. since
I can make scrolling backgrounds and such as well with this

I give it a 64xX image where X is any where between 64 and 256 and i can scroll threw it.
In this case i am using jumps of 64 to show 4 seperate images

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours