That's what I'd use. OOP languages are usually too bloated for calcs anyway.
KermMartian wrote:
But if we're doing it in C, can't you just use TIGCC?

i thought we were switching to C++? (C can be compiled in C++, but C++ can't be compiled in C)
Wait, we're missing a point though: there's no reason to put the host program on ANY calculator.
I never meant the host program, the user program used to connect to gCn...
Ah, ok, I'm gonna be programming that in z80 ASM, so it'll just be a matter of porting it.
Comment heavily. I can't read z80 ASM. Or you could give me a list of what will be supported and I can start outlining code... I'd also like to know if my suggestion to the protocol was accepted.
kirb wrote:
After seeing the whitepaper on the protocol, I would suggest modifying the protocol this way:
It would probably cut so
Pass a header:
1 byte - Sender ID
1 byte - Receiving ID
2 bytes - Size of Packet
Packet

This would cut down the data transferred from 3*sizeof(data_sent) bytes to sizeof(data_sent)+4 bytes. This would of course give a max size of 64kB of data at once, but no calc should need this much anyway (except major files on 68k).

Yeah, that's what I'm currently doing, except with a 1-byte size field to avoid lagging the network with huge packets.
Ah, okay. It shouldn't be too hard to split file parts... Would there be a way to query the server for the model of the calc on a specific bit? It would make it easier to determine if the data going through would be valid on the other end...
The gCn master server does indeed store the calc model code.
wow I missed out on a lot. Kllnrohj, Id prefer if you use GCC makefiles as the entire point of using Java was multiplatformicity, and I think windows is the only platform the supports VC++.
OK, go for GCC then.
elfprince13 wrote:
wow I missed out on a lot. Kllnrohj, Id prefer if you use GCC makefiles as the entire point of using Java was multiplatformicity, and I think windows is the only platform the supports VC++.

i was more asking what would be easiest for you NOW during development. We/I can make Makefiles and the VC++ saves later, once its complete (or ready for public beta)

Oh, I'll be making the GUI in the cross-platform library called wxWidgets. It does have other libraries you might want at for building the back end. (It does have an HTML/Sockets library in it, and there is an addon that adds the CURL library called wxCurl) - www.wxwidgets.org
Wow, awesome screenies. May I make some of the GUI imgs?
letsee...i need a taskbar icon, a titlebar icon, a program/shortcut icon, toolbar icons...and any other pics you think are necessary (i'm thinking of making the log screen have a bg image - you could make that too if you want)

if you don't want to make the toolbar icons, thats fine, i can use the "standard" ones (aka, the ones the current theme provides)

Oh, please make all the icons in .xpm! (as they can be compiled into the program itself, so i don't have to rely on "externally loaded" images Wink )
Here's what I have so far:

http://www.cemetech.net/img/projects/gcn/gfx

http://www.cemetech.net/img/projects/gcn/gfx/gcn.ico
http://www.cemetech.net/img/projects/gcn/gfx/gcn.icns

All are also as .xpm in there.
sweet. kllnrohj, have you started working on anything yet? I've been budy on an rpg scripting language Im creating
|*|-|34|2 |\/|`/ 1337 G|24|*|-|1>< 5|<1L1zzzz!!1111elevenonehundred2two

http://www.cemetech.net/img/projects/gcn/gfx

-Online but congestion
Looks trendy Kerm.
Thankee thankee. I have discovered the magic of glossy pseudo-3d icons. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
sweet. kllnrohj, have you started working on anything yet? I've been budy on an rpg scripting language Im creating

just starting to mess around building the empty shell - none of it "functional" per se (ie: clicking on help->about doesn't spawn the help window, even though the help window class/window is defined/coded)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours