What a classic nerd! Very Happy
Tari was in town so we hung out for a bit. Hit up NASA's AMES Visitors Center, the Computer History Museum then went up to the surrounding "mountains" to see the Bay Area!

If Kerm wore ties, this Slide Rule Tie Clip would be part of his attire.

Tari looking out over the Bay as Macro Man Alex poses for me in the foreground. Real Life Alex didn't bring any cameras.

A component to an analog computer - I believe for the UNIVAC - and Tari for scale.
Alex wrote:
A component to an analog computer - I believe for the UNIVAC - and Tari for scale.
A UNIVAC main memory unit (mercury delay line), yes.

Alex is a tiny astronaut-man.

Adult frog box compartment.

And a TI-made SPARC from about 1998.
So I had a graduation party yesterday Very Happy

https://gfycat.com/InstructiveEssentialAnura
Tari and Alex: I'm glad that you guys got to meet in person! That museum looks like a great deal of fun, and I'm curious if adult frogs go in the adult frog box compartment.

Ivoah: Congratulations on your graduation! I'm glad you got to celebrate your achievement with friends and family. With respect, I suspect that the hard work of your teachers was instrumental in instructing and teaching you in the way you should go as well.
KermMartian wrote:
Ivoah: Congratulations on your graduation! I'm glad you got to celebrate your achievement with friends and family. With respect, I suspect that the hard work of your teachers was instrumental in instructing and teaching you in the way you should go as well.

Thanks Very Happy Undoubtedly my teacher (my mom, I was homeschooled) played an instrumental part too.
I'm officially a college student now Very Happy
Nice college desk! It looks a lot like the one that I had at SUNY Binghamton the summer I did an REU there, which I suppose probably means "college desk". Razz I notice a confusing lack of keyboard to go with your laptop, mouse, and monitor. And of course I spotted "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" in that pile of books! Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Nice college desk! It looks a lot like the one that I had at SUNY Binghamton the summer I did an REU there, which I suppose probably means "college desk". Razz I notice a confusing lack of keyboard to go with your laptop, mouse, and monitor. And of course I spotted "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" in that pile of books! Wink

Keyboard is in the pull-out tray beneath the desk. And the 2nd (HP) laptop isn't connected to a monitor, so I use its keyboard.
KermMartian wrote:
I notice a confusing lack of keyboard to go with your laptop, mouse, and monitor. And of course I spotted "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" in that pile of books! Wink
I made this: Before noticing Ivoah's response.
See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I notice a confusing lack of keyboard to go with your laptop, mouse, and monitor. And of course I spotted "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" in that pile of books! Wink
I made this: Before noticing Ivoah's response.

10/10 detective skills Razz
I like the mustache on the Mac Mini, I should a mine out with decals too. For some reason though, I can never really justify putting stickers on my electronics.

I should share my desk! Maybe we should have a "Workstation Picture" topic! Laughing
When the Maker Faire is just right, your dabs are on point, and you're basically hella swole.

This was at work:

Friend got a new puppy:

His current dog can't handle not being the center of attention:
Haha, those are wonderful; thank you for sharing. That puppy is so busy moving about that I can't tell what kind of dog it is!
Siberian Huskies!
Alex wrote:
Siberian Huskies!
Very cute! I just barely managed to deduce that about the larger dog, so I'm glad the puppy is a Husky as well. How are they getting along so far?

I'll do my best to post some Rhode Island Comic Con photos in the next day or two.
KermMartian wrote:
geekboy1011 wrote:
So when working on Escheron my desktop looks something like this....

http://i.imgur.com/9DRYqhw.png
That's a lot of stuff. Shock You should post a picture of your physical desktop too, if it's anything like when I've visited. Wink You keep a lot of projects in progress there too.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Forum member stickybutton drew a photo of me recently, it just came in the mail today!

That's actually really sweet, not to mention well-done. Nice work, sticky.

Thank you Kerm!
Went to a Masquerade Murder Mystery Birthday party this evening. Had a blast. My friend did this two years ago as well and it's just as fun as it was before. I ended up being the killer. ;( I think I wanna host my own!

Ooooh, that sounds like a lot of fun, and nice mask! When did you grow out the facial hair? Shock

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 122 of 126
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours